MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Packing for Residence: A MacInsiders Guide PilotMal First Year Success 4 09-03-2009 01:05 PM
Ahhh.. Packing!!!! hamnahx02 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-01-2009 11:28 AM
packing marrgarita First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-29-2008 05:02 PM

Packing

Old 08-31-2010 at 04:57 PM   #31
Olivia.

Liked: 9 Times

I somehow managed to read that as "you thought that of yourself"..to my last comment on my grad trip.
Nevermind. fail. I blame the T3's and my puffy post wisdom teeth removal face, but I give you full permission to blame me.
Old 08-31-2010 at 05:01 PM   #32
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

That's exactly what I made the comment to.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 08-31-2010 at 05:01 PM   #33
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia. View Post
I somehow managed to read that as "you thought that of yourself"..to my last comment on my grad trip.
Nevermind. fail. I blame the T3's and my puffy post wisdom teeth removal face, but I give you full permission to blame me.
You're supposed to get your wisdom teeth out while youre in school (ideally high school) so you can miss a day or 2. Not in your vacation before Uni. Fail.
Old 08-31-2010 at 05:06 PM   #34
Olivia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
That's exactly what I made the comment to.
Yes I realize that but just...never mind lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
You're supposed to get your wisdom teeth out while youre in school (ideally high school) so you can miss a day or 2. Not in your vacation before Uni. Fail.
Y'see, the dentist wanted to avoid having me miss school I actually don't mind all that much, I would have hated to miss school around exam period.
Mind you, it is a royal pain in the ass being stuck at home when I should be out with my friends saying my last drunken goodbyes..boo. :(
Old 08-31-2010 at 05:12 PM   #35
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Y'see, the dentist wanted to avoid having me miss school I actually don't mind all that much, I would have hated to miss school around exam period.
Mind you, it is a royal pain in the ass being stuck at home when I should be out with my friends saying my last drunken goodbyes..boo. :(
GO drinking. The alcohol will keep your wounds clean >.>

Olivia. likes this.
Old 08-31-2010 at 05:19 PM   #36
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
GO drinking. The alcohol will keep your wounds clean >.>
Add some tequila, salt, and lime, and it'll heal quicker! Foolproof plan is foolproof.

Old 08-31-2010 at 05:27 PM   #37
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Add some tequila, salt, and lime, and it'll heal quicker! Foolproof plan is foolproof.
Exactly. Alcohol cures everything.

Carly. likes this.
Old 08-31-2010 at 05:31 PM   #38
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

QQ (Quick Question): why is this thread under automotive.

jhan523 says thanks to lawleypop for this post.
Old 08-31-2010 at 05:34 PM   #39
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Also, note how I said I was asking a quick question but didn't actually use a question mark. That means something.

Old 08-31-2010 at 06:06 PM   #40
Olivia.

To the drinking note: agreed. Tomorrow's Wednesday..maybe I'll make a trip to the good 'ol bar around the corner.

To the wrong forum-ness: I know, I'm not too sure how I managed that.
I wanted to put it in general, but there was nothing quite right..I could have put it in first year questions but it wasn't a question either...so I decided this one because it's about moving. hahaha I make little sense.
Old 08-31-2010 at 06:49 PM   #41
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Clothes are definatel the worst part of packing! If you don't have much space to move stuff, I suggest putting clothes in clear garbage bags instead of boxes. It will save you lots of space.
The only problem with bags is that it's a pain when you unpack, because you have to refold everything.

(If you're going to use bags, DON'T use black garbage bags. Someone might come across your stuff and assume it's garbage. This happened to me a while ago :( Make sure you use CLEAR garbage bags)

Last edited by Kathy2 : 08-31-2010 at 06:54 PM.

Olivia. says thanks to Kathy2 for this post.
Old 08-31-2010 at 06:57 PM   #42
eleduc

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:
I don't know, I'm not surprised. Truthfully, I think my overload on clothing would have to be tops.
Sweaters, tank tops, T-shirts..you name it. I probably have over 300 lol its ridiculous! D:

You aren't alone. The thought of packing up my entire wardrobe vs. having to choose is sickening lol. Thank God I live at home and don't have to choose.

I did recently downsize significantly however, when my boyfriend moved in and my space was cut in half. Here is what I did to help the process along (and believe me I tried to find a use for EVVVERYTHING):

- For most of the 8 months away it will be cooler so you will mostly only need longer bottoms (e.g. Jeans, track pants etc.). Don't pack tons of shorts or capris as you probably won't wear them except in your dorm.

- For tops, try two things. Separate into groups: tanks, cas. short sleeve, cas. long sleeve, dressier tops, hoodies, sweaters (yes their is a difference). Then go through each group and pick say 6 or 7 of each (estimations based on the fact that you have 300 to choose from). What helps is ask yourself this: How many times did I wear this top to school last year? If you didn't then don't take it, it can stay home and safe for you when you return.

- Socks, undies etc. - bring more than you think you will need. Small stuff ALWAYS seems to get lost in the shuffle. Good news is it is cheap to replace.

Bring only a handful of formal outfits. Its not like high school anyways where everyone remembers what you wore to every single event. "Recycling" is allowed.

Shoes - Again, sort into groups and bring two of each. Runners are not fashionable but the best thing on campus. Leave your flip flops at home. Except for September it will be too cold.

Oh and last tip, especially if you are already worried about laundry - leave anything that is dry clean only, iron required, a treasured item or generally finicky in the wash AT HOME. Trust me, eventually you will just want to dump your whole laundry basket in the washer at once.

Hope this helps.

moonlitnight, Olivia. all say thanks to eleduc for this post.
Old 08-31-2010 at 08:12 PM   #43
Carly.

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
so I just started to tackle the last thing on my list before the big move.......clothes.
Is it just me, or is this the most overwhelming part of packing ?!? I don't even know where to beeggiinnn.
I have pretty much taken over the entire house with my things and packed everything but the kitchen sink soo id say everyone is ok