MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Full Time to Part Time sacinomp Academics 0 06-06-2011 08:56 PM
Switching from Full Time to Part Time Chris094 Academics 2 01-19-2011 09:22 PM
Looking for a part time or full time job killza Volunteering Opportunities 1 06-24-2010 02:05 PM
It's that time of year again: Daylight Savings Time! manu MacInsiders Announcements 5 03-14-2010 03:47 AM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM

Parking before validated time

Old 07-19-2011 at 02:52 AM   #1
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

Parking before validated time
Hi guys,
I have an appointment on campus tmrw from 3-5pm, but my parking is only validated after 4:30 ( because I have the evening pass). If I just took a ticket to go in, could I technically leave the lot with the transponder and not pay? Would that work? I don't want to try it and end up having to pay 5 or 10 dollars anyways....

Thanks!

Last edited by resh.jyoti : 07-19-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-19-2011 at 11:10 AM   #2
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

Anybody know at all? I'd really appreciate it.
Old 07-19-2011 at 11:45 AM   #3
monachima505

Liked: 0 Times

Nope, the system keeps track of where your transponder is to prevent people from doing this. For example, if you use a ticket to get in the lot, and then try to get out with your transponder, the system won't let you because it thinks the transponder should still be "outside". You'll have to enter with a ticket and exit with the same ticket, which you'll have to pay for. $5/hour until 4/4:30. After that point, the charge will stay the same for the rest of the night, so you don't have to bother leaving and entering again with your transponder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by resh.jyoti View Post
Hi guys,
I have an appointment on campus tmrw from 3-5pm, but my parking is only validated after 4:30 ( because I have the evening pass). If I just took a ticket to go in, could I technically leave the lot with the transponder and not pay? Would that work? I don't want to try it and end up having to pay 5 or 10 dollars anyways....

Thanks!

resh.jyoti says thanks to monachima505 for this post.