MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a part time or full time job killza Volunteering Opportunities 1 06-24-2010 02:05 PM
am i full time or part time????? macculkin General Discussion 9 09-14-2009 10:09 PM
Getting That Part-Time Job Chad Jobs & Employment Tips 10 04-27-2009 03:23 PM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM
Getting That Part-Time Job Chad Volunteering Opportunities 2 08-13-2007 11:08 PM

Part Time Job

Old 06-22-2010 at 12:03 PM   #1
nick

Liked: 0 Times

Part Time Job
Are there many part time job opportunities at mac available?
Anything like at all...and it is difficult to get one?
i still have bills to pay ahahha
Old 06-22-2010 at 12:08 PM   #2
_Mike

Liked: 8 Times

I think it is somewhat difficult to get a job at Mac. I know that Titles did hire a bunch of people but that was before the winter semester ended I'm sure some places are still hiring, but there are definitely limited opportunities. Personally, I would apply at places around campus in Westdale and/or surrounding neighbourhoods. I work at a Metro and even though it can be kind of BS at times, it's a pretty flexible job for a student and you get treated decently well; I recommend applying at the one in Westdale. Also, there are lots of little cafes in Westdale and I know a few people who have obtained employment at some of them, so give them a shot. Best of luck in the job hunt!
Old 06-22-2010 at 03:11 PM   #3
vkozina

Liked: 6 Times

You might be able to find a job on OSCAR before classes start... I think the post some campus jobs for the fall, the MSU also posts jobs every once in a while, I think thet are hiring people to help out at shows and stuff like that during the year.
Old 06-22-2010 at 05:15 PM   #4
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

GRS (guest registration staff)
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences
Old 06-23-2010 at 11:28 AM   #5
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

If you can demonstrate financial need, you can qualify for the work-study program: http://sfas.mcmaster.ca/work_study/jobs.html

This gives you access to extra jobs on OSCAR that you can apply for.
Old 06-25-2010 at 11:49 AM   #6
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

I'm pretty sure postings for jobs go up on August 1st (on OSCAR). It is fairly difficult getting a job at mac, from my experience anyway. I'm working at a place in University Plaza which is fairly close to Mac. As someone else mentioned, Westdale has a lot of places too.