MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a part time or full time job killza Volunteering Opportunities 1 06-24-2010 02:05 PM
am i full time or part time????? macculkin General Discussion 9 09-14-2009 10:09 PM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM
Part-Time Jobs Available with University Advancement! temara.brown Volunteering Opportunities 0 08-21-2008 09:04 PM
part time jobs lorend Volunteering Opportunities 0 02-14-2008 07:27 PM

Part-time Jobs at McMasterS

Old 06-04-2009 at 03:58 PM   #1
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Part-time Jobs at McMasterS
Hey, I wanted to know all about working at McMaster, if there are any requirements, when would be the best time to start looking, how to apply, where are the best places to work etc etc.

I know about OSCAR and somewhat about the Work-study program, but I'm not sure when I'm supposed to look into these - before school or during?

And if any of you have worked during school, how many hours would you recommend? Oh! Also, does anyone know of like a chart that tells you how much your OSAP is decreased by the amount of income you get?

Lots of questions :| Thanks in advance. =]
Old 06-04-2009 at 04:05 PM   #2
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Come to Career Services sometime. That's why we're here. Postings go up in July for September positions. I don't have all of the facts now because it's relatively early. Also, if you're a student there's only a maximum number of hours you can work. You can't work full time as a student and since many work-study students receive OSAP you don't really need to worry about reaching the maximum amount. From what I've seen, it's often about 10 hours/week max. These are for the majority of the positions on OSCAR. I don't know about MSU positions.

sinthusized says thanks to ferreinm for this post.
Old 06-04-2009 at 04:12 PM   #3
jmbauman
Union Market Manager

Liked: 32 Times

MSU jobs are generally posted as they come up (some go up in February or March for September) but last time I checked they were hiring for the Underground in Sept. just check the website for updates!
Old 06-04-2009 at 07:12 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

MSU jobs are up to ten hours a week (with the exception of the Union Market Managers), but you can choose to work more if you wish; however, you will not get enough to work full-time hours. There are currently three MSU jobs available. Click here to find out more.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-22-2009 at 03:09 PM   #5
moskal89

Liked: 0 Times

Does anyone know how to apply for jobs at the gym/pool at mac? is it through oscar?
Old 06-22-2009 at 04:05 PM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

OSCAR handles all non-MSU jobs and some MSU ones, depending on if the hiring manager(s) choose to submit them to them.

Sooo since the pool isn't affiliated with the MSU it's on OSCAR

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement