MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OSAP Full time/part time question Phantom Financial Aid 1 03-17-2014 01:47 PM
OSAP and Full time/part time question Phantom General Discussion 2 01-03-2014 02:01 AM
Question about full time part time and summer school Loko First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 02-12-2013 04:54 PM
Looking for a part time or full time job killza Volunteering Opportunities 1 06-24-2010 02:05 PM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM

Part time @ Mac

Old 02-02-2016 at 01:11 PM   #1
risktaker

Liked: 0 Times

Part time @ Mac
Hi guys ,

I tried to google search about this for more than 1 hour and I could not find an answer . I finished College 4 years ago and I'm thinking to apply for Comp Science at Mac U. I did a search via OnTransfer website and I'm qualified to transfer my credit over . I will have to study 2.5 years more at Mac U full time .

However there is a problem at the moment . I'm currently working full time and need to pay my mortgage . Hopefully you guys can help me out here ( really want to learn more ) :

1. Can I take part time classes at Mac U for Comp Science ?
2. Do they have any classes at night ? So some people like me can take those classes.

Currently I'm working Monday to Friday from 8AM to 5PM. I could ask my manager to work 10 hours a day 4 days a week instead( Sunday to Wednesday ) . So I have 2 week days off for school.

Regards ,
Kim Chan

Last edited by risktaker : 02-02-2016 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-02-2016 at 04:49 PM   #2
MovingTarget

Liked: 6 Times

Mac has an office dedicated to just part-time students called the McMaster Association of Part-time Students (MAPS) and this is the website (http://www.mcmaster.ca/maps/).
I don't have any experience with them personally but I'm involved with another MSU service and their office is next door to mine. Hopefully this is a start and you can contact them to get the ball rolling!
Old 02-02-2016 at 10:20 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

You should probably contact the engineering department directly; it wouldn't surprise me at all if the courses simply aren't that flexible.