MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mac FROSH week recos First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 09-09-2010 08:47 AM
Frosh Week Parties (clubcrawl) Mrlimelight Dating & Relationships 9 09-05-2010 07:41 PM
Frosh Parties Chad MacInsiders Announcements 8 09-20-2009 05:53 PM
Frosh week Parties Katia General Discussion 2 09-06-2009 10:12 PM

Parties during Frosh Week 2010. . .

Old 08-18-2010 at 03:31 PM   #1
alex.deroo

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Parties during Frosh Week 2010. . .
Being first years at Mac, our main focus during Frosh Week is to obviously have fun, but to also meet new people. Best place to do such a thing? Well. . . parties. So if anyone knows of anything decent during that week let us know.

Carly., harleyjj, vp15 like this.
Old 08-18-2010 at 05:00 PM   #2
sayok8737

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.deroo View Post
Being first years at Mac, our main focus during Frosh Week is to obviously have fun, but to also meet new people. Best place to do such a thing? Well. . . parties. So if anyone knows of anything decent during that week let us know.
haha i was just wondering the exact same thing!

zee.u likes this.
Old 08-18-2010 at 05:32 PM   #3
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Thers one Im going to I think on the Thursday.

I went and found the link on Facebook. Its called Academix, if thats your scene
Old 08-18-2010 at 05:55 PM   #4
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Frosh week party write-up:

There will be three types of parties during Frosh week, and one of these types if broken into two further categories.

Type 1: Bar/Club Parties - These parties are for those who are "of age" and want to get off campus. They usually take place in downtown Hamilton somewhere (often Hess Village) and are very much publicized. An example of this type is the Academix party you referred to, marketed on Facebook. there's almost always some gimmick to get you to these parties, usually appealing to fresh frosh, like "Free Jagerbomb @ Entry". Tip: If you are freshly of age, don't get too excited about those deals... At the end of the night, you'll spend a LOT more because of whatever drink they give you for free.

Type 2: The residence monitored - So your rez closes at 9PM, but you can still get in at any time of night, you just can't bring other to the building. So what goes on in there? There will be the odd anxious person who gets a small room party going which may or may not get busted up, get you into a little trouble, and have a little alcohol, but for the most part, your residence advisors are organizing an event or two, or three... There's tonnes of people to meet at these type of night-time events (parties if you would prefer), but you will be doing any drinking in private.

Type 3: The off-campus faculty party - In my opinion, the best. You will spend your years with the people at "Eng. parties" or "Nursing parties" or whatever faculty party is appropriate for you. Don't completely shun your residence events, but the faculty ones are great. To find out about them, get active and get out with your faculty reps! You will see them all around, and they will not look at you funny for randomly shouting at them from across the road "Hey! What's up!?". Eventually they can let you in on whatever is going on that night. These parties usually occur at some upper year's house near to campus. It's a great way to learn your way around the side streets because the Reps are usually great people for making sure you are safe when liquids make you irresponsible (... like when you get too hyper from energy drinks...? Maybe?)

Have fun!

MacPack, mduchnik, zee.u like this.
Old 08-18-2010 at 07:18 PM   #5
TheAxtmann

Liked: 3 Times

My roommate and I managed to host a few good parties during frosh week in res last year. It's not too hard as long as you have cool CA's, and you make sure you've introduced yourself to everyone in the immediate area. We got away with being loud because we went around and said hi to everyone on our floor as soon as we moved in, helped with a heavy bag or whatever, and were just all around nice guys. Paid off when we threw parties and didn't get any noise complaints. My CA generally wouldn't bust up a party unless he got a complaint from someone else in the building about it.

I rambled there, but like mike_302 said, you're definitely going to want to check out some off campus parties too, they're a lot of fun, good way to meet people from outside your res. You'll hear about them for sure when you get to Mac, don't really know of any planned right now.

MacPack likes this.
Old 08-18-2010 at 07:59 PM   #6
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 258 Times

Hey bro, I'll be throwing a party during frosh week, we'll be going over the course outlines for various courses, sharing studying tips, getting ahead in the readings, etc. It's BYOB (Bring Your Own Books), so you might wanna go to Titles beforehand. Everyone's invited, it'll probably be the most fun you'll have throughout all of university!

Old 08-18-2010 at 08:12 PM   #7
ShesTheMan

Liked: 0 Times

^ LOLLL, count me in!
Old 08-18-2010 at 08:25 PM   #8
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

You have to be pretty loaded to throw a public party for everyone. Booze is not cheap :(

Old 08-19-2010 at 12:37 AM   #9
Abid.Hasan

Liked: 86 Times

Hey yeah there's always a party happening in my cellar, come by anytime. Close the door on your way down.
Old 08-19-2010 at 01:19 AM   #10
nikita92

Liked: 4 Times

hey guys, if anyone is into the club kinda scene.
We're hosting a huge party at 77 night club in downtown hamilton on thursday september 9

i have a couple dvanced tickets left but advanced tickets are pretty much sold out ..then theres regular tickets which are a bit more expensive and are coming out soon.

Here's the fb group, go to info and you can contact your local ticket provider for purchasing.
This event is already half sold out ! so get your tickets as fast as possible !!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...2538863&ref=ts
Old 08-19-2010 at 01:48 AM   #11
alex.deroo

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Is the party at 77 all ages? Gimme some details.
Old 08-19-2010 at 02:00 AM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.deroo View Post
Is the party at 77 all ages? Gimme some details.
Did you visit the facebook page? There's 18+ tickets for first years only. So it looks like an 18+ event.
Old 08-19-2010 at 07:42 AM   #13
Buszaj

Liked: 125 Times

Stop by the McMaster Ski & Snowboard Club during clubsfest. We'll give you details then, you won't regret it. Also, 1280 during frosh week is pretty packed, so it's good times in there.
Old 08-19-2010 at 08:40 AM   #14
Mohit
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 25 Times

god damn i hate having a december birthday :(

eun1031, x0xalishax0x like this.
Old 08-19-2010 at 09:02 AM   #15
bhatoai

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Did you visit the facebook page? There's 18+ tickets for first years only. So it looks like an 18+ event.

as long as you are 18+ or a first year, you can go to this event. my friend is 17 and shes going to 77 with us.