MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partying akbadak Residence & Housing 9 01-19-2010 03:28 PM
Frosh Week partying? Locke CLOSED: Dating & Relationships 6 07-29-2008 06:27 PM

Partying/get togethers

Old 11-07-2010
EasternHeat
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 11-07-2010 at 01:47 PM   #106
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Fondue.

12chars.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-07-2010 at 01:48 PM   #107
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

I read a couple of pages, found it extremely difficult as I tend to doze off into my own world every 2 seconds (I think I have ADD)...I'm also finding it difficult to finish this post as I tend to get bored easily and try to find something fun to do...and when there's nothing fun to do I just keep staring at different things around me for periods of 1 to 2 seconds maybe more if they are interesting and need further investigation lol.

Anyways where was I...oh ya I read a couple of pages and bla bla bla now I'm posting my thoughts about guys cooking.

So...traditionally women have done all the cooking (and I don't mind, love a woman who can cook) and some of them are very god dam good at it mmm. But you know what I think men, in general, are better cooks than women.

So let me expand on that...there are some men and women who suck at cooking...they can stay in that group for now we will not need to discuss them further lol.

Then there are men and women who are great at cooking. In this group I would argue (you may argue as well, you are entitled to your own opinions too you know) that men are better than the women. WhyÉ Because those men who are intrinsically good at cooking take into account every detail. I mean like really pay attention to everything, its like a passion. Of course women do as well but I have just noticed men are more careful of their "creations" like its their special "thing."

When there's no food or someone is not willing to make me food I enjoy cooking. Yes I am one of those men. However I do not pursue this passion because as much as I love it, I love a girl who can cook for me more so either my mom (who doesn't love mom's food?...sorry if you didn't have a mom who cooked for you) or someone special .

But yes when I cook I have to make sure it is the tastiest food I can make. I am a very, very, extremely, enormously, buyakasha-kingly picky eater. So it has to be fantastically done because I would not serve something that I would not eat. I donno I just like to try I guess, showing off how good I am .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the main topic...well...seriou sly find cooler friends. I got my own group and its a class act I friggin love it...life without laughter is stupid, so have some fun and laugh, have a good time, be cool.

That's lemonade, I swear -------> <------- That, however is something else. hehe.

Kendoon says thanks to EasternHeat for this post.

Kendoon, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 11-07-2010 at 02:00 PM   #108
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Awesome male chefs/cooks
Bobby Flay
Emeril Lagasse
Gordon Ramsey
Tyler Florence
Curtis Stone
Guy Fieri
(I can keep going)

Why do we watch them on television?
They can cook really well

Awesome female chefs/cooks
***Giada De Laurentiis
Marcela Valladolid
Nigella Lawson

Why do we watch them on television?
They're hot

Conclusion
Males cooks can cook
Female cooks are mostly there for eye candy

I think a teehee is in order. Waitor!!

Last edited by SilentWalker : 11-07-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2010 at 02:22 PM   #109
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

You think Rachel Ray is HOT?
Old 11-07-2010 at 02:23 PM   #110
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
Was just gonna say that.

She's
a) fuggo and
b) her voice is more annoying than that feeling you get in your nose right before a nose bleed starts

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-07-2010 at 02:26 PM   #111
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
'Kay fine.
But she kindA was about 10 years ago.

EDIT: WHo am i kidding.....she's off tha list.

Honestly...giada's the only one worth watching.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 11-07-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2010 at 02:59 PM   #112
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
LOL I was gonna put that but refrained myself.

Old 11-07-2010 at 05:45 PM   #113
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

I totally agree with EasternHeat about the cooking thing. Whenever I cook, oh and dear god whenever I BAKE, it's like a nuclear warhead would go off if the flavour isn't just right.

Veering off a bit here, a lot of guys are like this about a lot of things, for instance, I'm pretty protective about my laptop and other belongings that I purchased with my own hard-earned cash. Although I wouldn't say its JUST guys who are like this, in my experience a lot of the women I know are fairly flippant even with things that they worked X hours to pay for. To lasso what I'm saying back to the point, cooking/baking/building things/buying things is like... a religious thing for many dudes... the opposite gender doesn't always understand. It's about the act itself and the outcome of the act for a lot of us; almost like everything is on the line. Too much flour? SHIT!

Personally I don't know any women who can cook more than spaghetti.

I'm serious. None of my exes could cook worth a shit. I would always suggest dishes and do all the actual cooking.

Last edited by Kendoon : 11-07-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2010 at 06:05 PM   #114
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLB0T View Post
My dad bakes like there is no tomorrow, but I'm not sure if you would call it cute lol. He likes having supplies for when he gets the munchies
and you never bring some to school to share with me and blake?! for shame D=
Old 11-07-2010 at 06:20 PM   #115
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
I totally agree with EasternHeat about the cooking thing. Whenever I cook, oh and dear god whenever I BAKE, it's like a nuclear warhead would go off if the flavour isn't just right.

Veering off a bit here, a lot of guys are like this about a lot of things, for instance, I'm pretty protective about my laptop and other belongings that I purchased with my own hard-earned cash. Although I wouldn't say its JUST guys who are like this, in my experience a lot of the women I know are fairly flippant even with things that they worked X hours to pay for. To lasso what I'm saying back to the point, cooking/baking/building things/buying things is like... a religious thing for many dudes... the opposite gender doesn't always understand. It's about the act itself and the outcome of the act for a lot of us; almost like everything is on the line. Too much flour? SHIT!

Personally I don't know any women who can cook more than spaghetti.

I'm serious. None of my exes could cook worth a shit. I would always suggest dishes and do all the actual cooking.

I adore cooking and experiment a lot as well. I love it when guys can cook, so +4938739487 points for you on that. If I don't know how to cook it, I'll learn it fast, and probably add my own spin to it.
I'm also super careful when it comes to ingredients. I will read and reread the amount of flour/sugar/eggs/oil/cheese/broth/whatever ingredient it is to make sure it's perfect. If something ****s up my recipe, I don't even want to look at it. So if you ever want a cooking buddy, I'm availble

I take a lot of care of my things,regardless of whose money was used to purchase it. I'm anally protective of everything from my laptop to my books. I hate it when people ONLY seem to care about something if they paid for it. -_____________________ -

Oh, and on the topic of food, my exboyfriend never ate REAL food. Always packaged/fast food stuff. He didn't even drink water, just pop/coffee/juice/milkshakes. Drove me crazy.
Old 11-07-2010 at 06:23 PM   #116
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
I adore cooking and experiment a lot as well. I love it when guys can cook, so +4938739487 points for you on that. If I don't know how to cook it, I'll learn it fast, and probably add my own spin to it.
I'm also super careful when it comes to ingredients. I will read and reread the amount of flour/sugar/eggs/oil/cheese/broth/whatever ingredient it is to make sure it's perfect. If something ****s up my recipe, I don't even want to look at it. So if you ever want a cooking buddy, I'm availble

I take a lot of care of my things,regardless of whose money was used to purchase it. I'm anally protective of everything from my laptop to my books. I hate it when people ONLY seem to care about something if they paid for it. -_____________________ -

Oh, and on the topic of food, my exboyfriend never ate REAL food. Always packaged/fast food stuff. He didn't even drink water, just pop/coffee/juice/milkshakes. Drove me crazy
This is why I HATE lending things out.

My best friend is also like this, he drinks water maybe twice a week. Every morning, tim hortons breakfast (muffin/donut and a large double double). EVERY. MORNING.

Last edited by Kendoon : 11-07-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-07-2010 at 06:27 PM   #117
irule333

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Oh, and on the topic of food, my exboyfriend never ate REAL food. Always packaged/fast food stuff. He didn't even drink water, just pop/coffee/juice/milkshakes. Drove me crazy.
his stomach must be made of steel...i cant handle that much junk food lol
and ya residence sucked
Old 11-07-2010 at 06:28 PM   #118
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

I'd like to think I'm pretty healthy in that regard.

I only drink pop, on average, once a month. Processed meats, twice a month. Coffee, once a week. Preserved/packaged stuff, once a week. Alcohol, never.

And when it comes to baking, I probably spend more time ensuring that my measurements are exact than actually making/baking.
Old 11-07-2010 at 06:53 PM   #119
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
This is why I HATE lending things out.

My best friend is also like this, he drinks water maybe twice a week. Every morning, tim hortons breakfast (muffin/donut and a large double double). EVERY. MORNING.

Whenever my brother uses my laptop, I linger in the area like a hawk, making sure nothing taints it LOL.

Ex would often complain that he is hungry (when in reality he was just dehydrated) and he would just eat more crap and drink more crap, temporarily relieve his discomfort, and the whole thing would start again.

GO EAT SOME VEGETABLES AND DRINK SOME WATER, DAMIT