medical school!! ishk33 Academics 13 07-30-2009 09:42 AM
medical school req Avenger Academics 2 10-06-2008 09:10 AM

Pass/Fail Courses and Medical School

Old 01-09-2011 at 04:52 PM   #1
robots

Liked: 40 Times

Pass/Fail Courses and Medical School
Hey everyone,

So, I'm considering to take a course in the faculty of health sciences. However, the grading scheme is pass/fail. I was just wondering if anyone knows generally how med schools treat such courses when calculating GPA.

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2011 at 06:09 PM   #2
Eraser

Liked: 0 Times

It counts as credit but is not factored into your overall GPA
Old 01-09-2011 at 06:46 PM   #3
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

that's actually a really good question; if the first reply is true then that's kinda not worth it..unless the course is very good

Old 01-09-2011 at 07:15 PM   #4
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Some schools have rules about how many pass fail courses you can take a year. I think Toronto for example says you can only have one. I can't remember exactly, but its best to check with the schools.