Summer school (term 1) grades MLSA29 Academics 11 06-30-2009 08:58 PM
Term 2 Summer School Afrisa Academics 11 06-09-2009 11:53 PM

Paying for Term 2 Summer School

Old 06-01-2010 at 02:09 PM   #1
TLulu

Liked: 3 Times

Paying for Term 2 Summer School
Hello,
I am registered in Organic Chemistry 2OA3 and wasn't sure whether I would be taking the second half. However, now I would like to and I was wondering when the deadline is to pay for the second half? I just registered for it.
Thank you
Old 06-01-2010 at 02:11 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLulu View Post
Hello,
I am registered in Organic Chemistry 2OA3 and wasn't sure whether I would be taking the second half. However, now I would like to and I was wondering when the deadline is to pay for the second half? I just registered for it.
Thank you
They say that you have to pay right when you register. I don't think there is a deadline per say (meaning that there is no late fee), but interest will accrue at the end of each month. But just to be safe, you should either pay ASAP or contact Student Cashiers today.

TLulu says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 06-09-2010 at 06:37 PM   #3
ecoghlan

Liked: 2 Times

pay as quick as you can b/c interest racks up fast!

TLulu says thanks to ecoghlan for this post.
Old 06-09-2010 at 06:42 PM   #4
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

Try to search the Student Accounts website for deadlines and such

TLulu says thanks to manu for this post.
Old 06-10-2010 at 01:11 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
Try to search the Student Accounts website for deadlines and such
I already did, there's no actual deadline. It just says that the money is due when you register for the course.

TLulu says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 06-10-2010 at 01:16 PM   #6
kritters91

Liked: 0 Times

Here's the gist of it - as far as I understand:
- It would suit you best to make the payment asap
- Keep in mind that interest accrues at the end of each month
- Also keep in mind that (apparently) you aren't fully registered and/or on the teacher's list until you have made the payment

Good luck!

TLulu says thanks to kritters91 for this post.
Old 06-14-2010 at 05:37 PM   #7
Ender

Liked: 30 Times

Ok instead of making a new topic and such I thought I'd bump this thread since I've got a similar question.

So I just registered for a term 2 summer school course on SOLAR. After selecting the course I went to the Payment Agreement and confirmed that but now I'm unable to confirm it for some reason but thats not my problem for now. The problem I've encoutered is that the fee is not showing up on my Account Statement. I also completed my registration for the fall/winter 2010/2011 session and those fees show up but not this summer term course.

So I'm just wondering if anyone who's in a similar situation (just registered for a term 2 summer school course) what the deal is with the fees not showing up on the Account Statement. Also did you have to go straight to the Student Accounts office to pay or were you successful paying via online? Thanks.
Old 06-14-2010 at 09:16 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Ok instead of making a new topic and such I thought I'd bump this thread since I've got a similar question.

So I just registered for a term 2 summer school course on SOLAR. After selecting the course I went to the Payment Agreement and confirmed that but now I'm unable to confirm it for some reason but thats not my problem for now. The problem I've encoutered is that the fee is not showing up on my Account Statement. I also completed my registration for the fall/winter 2010/2011 session and those fees show up but not this summer term course.

So I'm just wondering if anyone who's in a similar situation (just registered for a term 2 summer school course) what the deal is with the fees not showing up on the Account Statement. Also did you have to go straight to the Student Accounts office to pay or were you successful paying via online? Thanks.
Not sure many students are in your position, to get a faster answer I would just call Student Cashiers tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2010 at 11:21 AM   #9
Ender

Did just that. So for anyone else wondering the quick answer is that you must pay the fees first then they will show up on the Account Statement a few days later along with the payment you made. Weird but thats the way it is lol.

sana1504 says thanks to Ender for this post.
Old 06-15-2010 at 11:43 AM   #10
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Last year, I signed up for a term 2 course around this time, and I got charged a $50 late fee.

The deadline was May 2 to not get the late fee (see attached document), however, you can still register until June 25.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SAC_dates_deadlines_summer.pdf (136.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-15-2010 at 11:59 AM   #11
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

I had paid the $525 for a second term course, but I cancelled it yesterday. My account is still $0 (in MUGSI), so where did my refund disappear? Or does it take a few days to adjust?
Old 06-15-2010 at 12:16 PM   #12
Ender

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Last year, I signed up for a term 2 course around this time, and I got charged a $50 late fee.

The deadline was May 2 to not get the late fee (see attached document), however, you can still register until June 25.
This I did not know. The late fee didn't show up in any of my fees...
Old 06-15-2010 at 12:30 PM   #13
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

It showed up as part of the tuition fee on my payment agreement, I think--I don't think there was a separate 'late fees' section, but I could be wrong. If you didn't get charged, then consider yourself lucky
Old 06-15-2010 at 12:36 PM   #14
sana1504

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
This I did not know. The late fee didn't show up in any of my fees...
Hey Ender,
I am in the same position as you.
They also told me that I am not officially registered in the course until I pay the summer fees. 3-4 business days later you get a sticker in the mail which is your proof of registration.

I got charged a late fee too (I think).
My course cost $575. I think a regular course costs $525 (from Farid's post).
So that's a difference of $50.
Old 06-15-2010 at 01:09 PM   #15
Ender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sana1504 View Post
Hey Ender,
I am in the same position as you.
They also told me that I am not officially registered in the course until I pay the summer fees. 3-4 business days later you get a sticker in the mail which is your proof of registration.

I got charged a late fee too (I think).
My course cost $575. I think a regular course costs $525 (from Farid's post).
So that's a difference of $50.
Yes your correct. Just went over my fee breakdown and looks like I didn't escape the late fee haha.