MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
payment by sept 1 Reda General Discussion 6 08-29-2011 10:53 PM
Interest??? hellohello Financial Aid 1 12-28-2010 11:24 PM
Payment agreement- do we HAVE to pay by sept. 1st dlee First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 18 08-18-2010 08:44 PM
payment by sept 1 Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-08-2010 03:21 PM
Tuition Payment Due: SEPT 1ST Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 07-29-2008 01:25 PM

payment after sept 1st--interest

Old 08-30-2012 at 09:30 PM   #1
banana93

Liked: 11 Times

payment after sept 1st--interest
I selected paymeny in full by september 1st on my payment agreement.
Can I pay by the end of september? Or is mac gonna charge interest if I don't pay by strictly sept 1st?
Old 08-30-2012 at 10:01 PM   #2
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

I asked and double-checked on SOLAR. They don't charge interest until the 30th.
Old 08-30-2012 at 10:03 PM   #3
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

there is a late fee for $35 I think. Check on the website
Old 08-30-2012 at 10:30 PM   #4
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzy View Post
there is a late fee for $35 I think. Check on the website
In my four years here, I've never paid my tuition on time (and I probably won't be able to this year either), and I've yet to be charged a "late fee".

That being said, I've never been more than a week late but you do have a bit of leeway. Of course, it's always best to play it safe and just pay early.
Old 08-30-2012 at 10:45 PM   #5
banana93

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
In my four years here, I've never paid my tuition on time (and I probably won't be able to this year either), and I've yet to be charged a "late fee".

That being said, I've never been more than a week late but you do have a bit of leeway. Of course, it's always best to play it safe and just pay early.
on the website, it says they will charge a late fee ($35) after each term passes. If i pay before september ends...I don't think i need to pay the late fee... am i correct?
Old 08-30-2012 at 10:46 PM   #6
dvan

Liked: 1 Time

If I chose the pay in full option and checked OSAP as a funding option would I get charged any interest or late fees because OSAP is late?
Old 08-31-2012 at 08:27 AM   #7
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

To be clear, if you chose OSAP you will only owe the difference between OSAP and what you owe for first installment.
I know this is from 2011/2012 but they havent updated that link for 2012/2013

Quote:
PLEASE NOTE: Our office takes into consideration that release of funds from OSAP may not happen until after our payment deadline date of September 1st. If you applied early and the Payment Agreement reads your “issued” amount, the amount indicated as owing for Sept 1 will be the amount that OSAP DOES NOT cover. You will need to prepare to pay this on your own by September 1. Your personal payment does not arrive by September 1st, a $35.00 Flex Plan Fee will be assessed to your Student Account.
If you chose payment in full
Quote:
If payment is not made in full by September 1, a per-term $35.00 Flex Plan Fee will be automatically assessed to your Student Account for EACH term there is a balance carried.
Now not to be confusing but after some more research to give you quotes
Under OSAP Flex Plan
Quote:
4. The first per-term $35 Flex Plan Fee will be automatically assessed to your student account.

Due to all the changes with OSAP this year, we understand that release dates of OSAP funding may not correspond with our September 1 payment deadline date, so students will need to ensure payment is made before September 15.
Thank you Mac for not be confusing
Old 08-31-2012 at 10:55 AM   #8
staceygab
Campus Store

Liked: 97 Times

Here's a link to the Terms and conditions of the payment agreement. http://www.mcmaster.ca/bms/student/S...nditions. htm

Reminder: If you are in a squeeze waiting to buy books until your OSAP comes in your Student Card acts as a low interest credit card at the Bookstore - no interest if you pay it off on time and a better interest rate than VISA or MasterCard if you need to carry a balance. http://bit.ly/xJq0Ue
Old 09-01-2012 at 02:25 PM   #9
freshmanno77

Liked: 1 Time

Sounds good.