MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Payment Agreement vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-31-2010 10:55 PM
When is the payment agreement due by? Rakim Financial Aid 2 07-31-2010 03:31 PM
OSAP and Payment Agreement - Payment Options Kathy2 Financial Aid 1 07-04-2010 12:53 PM
Payment Agreement zunizoon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-03-2009 01:16 AM
Payment Agreement Questions & Problems (2008) jass First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 08-11-2008 12:35 PM

payment agreement problems????

Old 06-30-2008 at 11:31 AM   #1
shreya s.

Liked: 0 Times

payment agreement problems????
ok....so in the payment agreement thing

in the funding options, i picked OSAP but it says no application.....howev er, i did apply for it just not through MAC. also i was missing some documents so its not approved yet...and it wont be for atleast the next month....so can i include it in the payment agreement....???

if not, should i select the external sponsorship full option even though i will get OSAP later on....????

secondly, do i need to complete the payment agreement for my spot to be reserved in the courses that i picked....????
Old 06-30-2008 at 12:07 PM   #2
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

You don't have to pay yet. No one has their OSAP application up yet. It won't be up until mid-July.
Old 06-30-2008 at 12:07 PM   #3
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

You'll need to have the payment agreement done before school begins. I don't know the specifics but you've still got time.
Old 06-30-2008 at 01:39 PM   #4
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

My payment agreement says the same thing because I have to have mine done by paper. Click OSAP and follow the rest of the steps for your payment agreement.

No, you do not need your payment agreement to keep your spots as of now, but if it's not done by the deadline (which I'm not positive of) THEN you will lose your spots. You have until July 15th to have your OSAP in order if you plan to use it in your payment agreement. If you're having problems with your OSAP contact the Financial Aid and Scholarships Department. This is the page dedicated to OSAP where you should find all your answers, if you don't, email them at [email protected] or here are the numbers and hours they work.

Old 06-30-2008 at 02:50 PM   #5
raine

Liked: 1 Time

Also a question regarding payment agreement.
It says that the meal plan and residence have been defaulted.
What does that supposed to mean?
(I applied for Mary E Keyes which cost over $6000 but they are only charging me $4592.93????)
Old 06-30-2008 at 03:08 PM   #6
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Just because you applied to Mary Keyes doesn't mean you're going to get it
They default it because it hasn't been decided yet where you will go or what meal plan you will get. When all that information is available, it will change what your payment agreement states.

Old 06-30-2008 at 03:12 PM   #7
raine

Liked: 1 Time

O, I see. Thank you! So I hope by confirming it, it doesn't lower my chance in getting the residence in any way?

p.s. do you know whether this year, the school's decided to pick all the cores, labs and tutorials for us? Or is it just me? (I'm unable to pick a specific core/lecture time I want)
Old 06-30-2008 at 03:16 PM   #8
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

No, it won't lower your chances of getting into any residence so don't worry.

And as for labs/tutorials and core.. there has been some debate. I was able to pick my core sections, if there's only one core for your class then you won't have to pick any. As for labs and tutorials, you may be able to pick them in August, but we're not sure caue it's changed since last year. What I do know though is that if you have serious conflicts in Sept, talk to the prof about changing your lab or tutorial and usually they can work something out for you.

Old 06-30-2008 at 09:46 PM   #9
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

To answer your question Shreya,

OSAP and Entrance Scholarships will not appear in the payment agreement yet. Thus, I recommend to confirm your payment agreement anyway (don't check off OSAP since it won't let you because of the 'no application' thing). Confirm it anyways and then check back in a few weeks. Once your OSAP and the scholarships get processed they will appear there as options with dollar amounts and you can then check them off and it will deduct the amounts from your total fee. Then simply RECONFIRM the payment agreement with the new amount
Old 07-01-2008 at 02:41 PM   #10
shreya s.

thanx.....
Old 07-03-2008 at 03:05 AM   #11
tamzmullett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
To answer your question Shreya,

OSAP and Entrance Scholarships will not appear in the payment agreement yet. Thus, I recommend to confirm your payment agreement anyway (don't check off OSAP since it won't let you because of the 'no application' thing). Confirm it anyways and then check back in a few weeks. Once your OSAP and the scholarships get processed they will appear there as options with dollar amounts and you can then check them off and it will deduct the amounts from your total fee. Then simply RECONFIRM the payment agreement with the new amount
Do you simply have to confirm the payment agreement to get on to your mac email?

I selected to pay online so I was going to pay right after I confirmed the agreement--but I can't find anywhere on the website to actually enter a credit card number, etc.

Is it there and I am just too tired from waiting to register?!

Thanks
Old 07-03-2008 at 08:11 AM   #12
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Ya, to do it 'online' doesn't mean there is a page where you enter credit card info. Instead, it means you will have to go to your bank's website and manually set up McMaster University as a 'payee', then you can pay from your account via e-transfer.
Old 07-04-2008 at 01:06 AM   #13
Ruggedman

Whoa Whoaaaa

Somebody on the first page said check off OSAP even though it is not availible and continue anyways with the process...

But Chad said do not click OSAP because its not applicable by now, what do i do!?

I have already printed a copy with OSAP checked even though it tells me no SIN number has been found, should i go back, uncheck and print a payment agreement form again??

So confused
Old 07-04-2008 at 07:58 AM   #14
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Okay, I am on OSAP as a student. I am looking at my PA RIGHT NOW.

I have checked off OSAP and it says to me the following:
OSAP - NO APPLICATION: IN ORDER TO USE YOUR OSAP APPLICATION AS A METHOD OF PAYMENT YOU MUST APPLY NOW. JULY 15TH N/A

This is FINE. It means my OSAP has not been proccessed yet. When it IS proccessed your PA should update. Keep checking back to make sure that it does. If you're really worried about it, talk to the Financial Aid office.

Old 07-05-2008 at 12:03 AM   #15
sarahc

I'm attempting to finalize my payment agreement, and I am using OSAP for most of the funding but my parents are paying for the rest.

Do I click OSAP as well as which payment plan I'm using?
When I click OSAP as well as my payment plan it says it is invalid :S

Last edited by sarahc : 07-05-2008 at 12:09 AM.