MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Payment Agreement Questions anon491 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-19-2010 04:55 PM
OSAP and Payment Agreement - Payment Options Kathy2 Financial Aid 1 07-04-2010 12:53 PM
SOLAR 2008 - Problems Chad General Discussion 202 07-03-2009 01:59 AM
payment agreement problems???? shreya s. First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 16 09-04-2008 11:10 AM
Payment Agreement and electives questions maclover First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 06-11-2008 10:43 AM

Payment Agreement Questions & Problems (2008)

Old 07-03-2008 at 09:59 PM   #1
jass

Liked: 0 Times

hey chad! I opened SOLAR on June 30th, so all my course selection is due on July 6th. DOes this mean that my payment agreement is ALSO due on July 6th? As well, I am definitely using OSAP; what if I have applied to OSAP by july 6th, but in my payment agreement i put in OSAP - how does that work? help!

=)
Old 07-03-2008 at 10:37 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

You can submit your payment agreement after July 6th (I submitted mine after the 7 day window because I completely forgot, heh). However, it's reconmended you do it as soon as possible...because remember if you haven't don't it by the deadline you'll be booted from all the courses you have picked and need to re-choose them all!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-04-2008 at 09:04 AM   #3
Harlequin

Liked: 35 Times

In my payment agreement it says that I don't have an osap application. Is it because it just hasn't been updated or what?
Old 07-04-2008 at 09:13 AM   #4
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Harlequin90,
Mine says the same thing. Your OSAP hasn't been put through yet, along with a LOT of other students. Don't worry about this, just keep checking back. If you get worried about it, call the Financial Aid office but it will update soon. Make sure you have your application in before July 15th

Old 07-05-2008 at 09:30 AM   #5
Harlequin

When I go to submit my payment application, it says I made an invalid combination of choices.
I picked OSAP, monthly payment B and online banking.
But it works if I click payment in full.

And what is the deadline for the payment agreement?
Old 07-05-2008 at 04:30 PM   #6
delaila

"When I go to submit my payment application, it says I made an invalid combination of choices.
I picked OSAP, monthly payment B and online banking.
But it works if I click payment in full.

And what is the deadline for the payment agreement?"

I HAVE THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO.
Old 07-05-2008 at 04:34 PM   #7
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Delaila and Harlequin, Kokosas has already answered your issue. OSAP is not available as a choice, so you can't select it yet otherwise it will give you an error.

Please see #6 in this article.
Old 07-05-2008 at 08:01 PM   #8
Harlequin

no no its not selecting osap that gives the error, it's selecting monthly payment.
Old 07-05-2008 at 11:46 PM   #9
hello395

If my last day on Solar is July 6th, does that mean that I can still use solar on July 6th (the entire day, until 11:59 am), or will it close down at the exact time that I entered Solar on June 30?

Last edited by hello395 : 07-05-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 07-06-2008 at 12:27 AM   #10
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

If July 6th is the 7th day since you first started, then you're still good. You'll have till midnight on that day.

says thanks to Chad for this post.
Old 07-06-2008 at 12:53 PM   #11
nita

Liked: 3 Times

how do you pay through online banking? like is there a site where you pay through?

And I have external scholarships. Do i Have to get the people who will be administering my scholarships to sign the EASIF form? ?

and what is the last day for payments???
Old 07-08-2008 at 09:15 AM   #12
Sync

Liked: 2 Times

Could I use "payment in full" using OSAP, entrance scholarship and my own money to pay off the Business I tuition & supplementary fees? I'm asking because OSAP isn't released until September 4 and I'm unsure whether or not I can use it to pay in full.

Currently, I am entitled to $5xxx in OSAP. $3xxx is to be released on September 4 and $2xxx on January 1. I assume to receive $1xxx Mcmaster entrance scholarship in the first year.

If I pay in full, does it mean I have to pay $2xxx (the OSAP money released on Jan. 1) or $5xxx (all of the OSAP money released after payment agreement is due) out of my own pocket?

Last edited by Sync : 07-08-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-08-2008 at 12:20 PM   #13
zaki

when i go to the payment agreement, and it asks what im using do i click off osap if im in the process of apply for osap? cuz today is my last day to accept the payment agreement and i havent finished my osap form yet, so do i just check off the osap one when im doing my payment agreement?
Old 07-08-2008 at 12:30 PM   #14
luckduck

So if we do what number 6 says to do on that article, we will be able to come back and change our PA and check off OSAP and entrance scholarships? When are we supposed to check back to change it?
Old 07-08-2008 at 09:55 PM   #15
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Nita, You do online banking manually, there isn't a place online to type in a credit card number, etc. Basically you'll have to go to your bank's online system and add "McMaster University" as a payee, and then make an e-transfer.

Not sure about your external scholarships Nita, you'll have to look into that by contacting Student Accounts & Cashiers. Their contact info:

Quote:
Our Hours of Operation are:

Monday - Friday: 11am - 4pm
You can reach our office at:

Student Accounts and Cashiers
Gilmour Hall, Room 209
McMaster University
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton, ON
L8S 4L8
Phone: (905) 525-9140 ext: 24478
Fax: (905) 527-3615
Student Email: [email protected] ster.ca
Department Email: [email protected]
First payment has to be RECEIVED by McMaster by SEPTEMBER 1ST.

Sync, I would contact the OSAP office and ask. My guess is that you're going to want to do a monthly payment plan so that you can make a smaller payment for Sept 1st and then the other payments using OSAP, but don't quote me on that. I haven't been able to get OSAP (you're lucky!) so I don't know how it would work for you and the Sept 1st deadline.

Contact the OSAP office using the contact details below:
Quote:
Office of Student Financial Aid & Scholarships
McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West

Gilmour Hall, Room 120
Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4L8

(905) 525-9140 ext. 24319
Fax: (905) 521-9565

Office Hours
Monday through Friday
[CLOSED FOR LUNCH DAILY BETWEEN 12-1]
9:00am - 12:00pm
1:00pm - 4:00pm
Full-service Counselling
Tuesday through Thursday
9:00am - 11:45am
1:00pm - 4:00pm

Zaki
, you need to have OSAP already filled out and processed before you can check that option off. If you haven't applied yet then you can't check that off yet. Also, the Payment Agreement will remain open for a while because the 7 DAY RULE DOES NOT APPLY to your Payment Agreement. You can still access it by logging into MUGSI > Clicking SOLAR > and clicking the 2nd link that says New Payment Agreement. Solar will close after 7 days for you, but that Payment Agreement link will remain open!

LuckDuck
, some people have already started checking off OSAP as they get processed. If you got a confirmation from OSAP then you'll probably be able to see that the OSAP option in the PA no longer says "no application" beside it. If it doesn't say it, you can try checking it off and reconfirming. NOTE: You will need to have inputed your SOCIAL INSURANCE NUMBER into MUGSI by going to MY PROFILE and clicking the link on the right BEFORE reconfirming the PA. Let me know how it goes and if you're able to get the OSAP amount deducted from your total.

As for Mac scholarships (entrance ones) I have no clue when those are processed, just keep checking back.