MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Payment Agreement help! Mfm12 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-12-2010 02:56 PM
OSAP and Payment Agreement - Payment Options Kathy2 Financial Aid 1 07-04-2010 12:53 PM
payment agreement update and pay to mcmaster for residence stuff Richa General Discussion 1 05-09-2009 12:22 PM
Payment Agreement nuttynatz Financial Aid 159 09-02-2008 07:06 PM

PAYMENT AGREEMENT residence fee

Old 08-14-2010 at 01:47 AM   #1
meena101

Liked: 4 Times

PAYMENT AGREEMENT residence fee
Hi,

so basically I am a little confused with the numbers that are showing up on my payment agreement. I was offered a double room and from my knowledge from what the MAC res website is saying is that a double room cost $4830.00. I thought the number that would show up on my payment agreement would be somewhere around $4230 (BECAUSE THE 600 should have been deducted from the residence deposit). Weirdly enough, the number showing up on my payment agreement is $4874 (which is even more than the base cost)...

can someone help me understand this?

Also- I know my tuition is being paid for by my OSAP funding but can't i control how I pay for the residence and meal plan fee? Meaning, will it go into my student account and then I can choose how to pay for that? (using my own or osap..) Because right now it is deducting that ASWELL from the osap release I will get in september.

Thanks

Hope it all made sense !
Old 08-14-2010 at 03:47 AM   #2
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

the 600 is not deducted there, in the corner of the page there is the OUTSANDING AMOUNT u can see that they deducted 600 from the total of what u should pay

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 08-14-2010 at 12:26 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by meena101 View Post
Hi,

so basically I am a little confused with the numbers that are showing up on my payment agreement. I was offered a double room and from my knowledge from what the MAC res website is saying is that a double room cost $4830.00. I thought the number that would show up on my payment agreement would be somewhere around $4230 (BECAUSE THE 600 should have been deducted from the residence deposit). Weirdly enough, the number showing up on my payment agreement is $4874 (which is even more than the base cost)...

Also- I know my tuition is being paid for by my OSAP funding but can't i control how I pay for the residence and meal plan fee? Meaning, will it go into my student account and then I can choose how to pay for that? (using my own or osap..) Because right now it is deducting that ASWELL from the osap release I will get in september.

Thanks

Hope it all made sense !
Everything gets bundled together. So OSAP will be paying for everything, if it covers everything. Everything you need to know about payment and deductions is on your payment agreement, read it carefully, it's a contract.
Old 08-14-2010 at 02:37 PM   #4
Karen

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by meena101 View Post
Hi,

Thanks

Hope it all made sense !
I don't see the $600 credited anywhere on mine. Am I missing something?
Old 08-14-2010 at 02:43 PM   #5
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

can u upload a snapshot of your payment agreement ?

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 08-14-2010 at 11:45 PM   #6
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

actually if u look under total fees, it shuld say less residence deposit of $600
Old 08-15-2010 at 12:07 PM   #7
Karen

Mine doesn't show the $600 payment but right under it I noticed it says:

NOTE: Payments will not be reflected here. You will need to go to your Account Statement on MUSGI. For more information, click here.

Looks like the total fees are shown on the payment agreement and then you have to go to your account statement to confirm what payments have been made.
Old 08-29-2010 at 10:54 AM   #8
Mfm12

I don't see the $600 on mine anywhere. Also, I don't understand why the fee on my payment agreement for residence is about $50 more than the fee on the Res Admissions site..? Should I just pay what it says since it's getting late now and then worry about being credited the $600 later?
Old 08-29-2010 at 10:57 AM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfm12 View Post
I don't see the $600 on mine anywhere. Also, I don't understand why the fee on my payment agreement for residence is about $50 more than the fee on the Res Admissions site..? Should I just pay what it says since it's getting late now and then worry about being credited the $600 later?
You should be able to see the 600$ credit in your student account. Also, you should contact Accounts and Cashiers or Housing to inquire about the residence fee difference.
Old 08-29-2010 at 11:08 AM   #10
Mfm12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
You should be able to see the 600$ credit in your student account. Also, you should contact Accounts and Cashiers or Housing to inquire about the residence fee difference.
Do you mean Mugsi > Student Accounts & Cashiers > Account Statement? Because I checked there and it's not there either. It just says Balance Forward $$$$$$, Payments Received 0.00 then the Payment Agreement Balance. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-29-2010 at 12:02 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Do you mean Mugsi > Student Accounts & Cashiers > Account Statement? Because I checked there and it's not there either. It just says Balance Forward $$$$$$, Payments Received 0.00 then the Payment Agreement Balance. Thanks for the help.
Yeah, when did you pay? If it was in July you'll have to choose "July 2010" to see if the deposit was made.
Old 08-29-2010 at 01:26 PM   #12
Mfm12

Quote:
Yeah, when did you pay? If it was in July you'll have to choose "July 2010" to see if the deposit was made.
I paid it early August since I got an offer from the residence waiting list. It took a while for them to add my residence fees onto my payment agreement, so maybe this just hasn't shown up yet? I may call someone about it, I guess. Since the money is due in a couple days and I don't want to over pay them.. but I also can't wait and have late fees.
Old 08-29-2010 at 01:33 PM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
I paid it early August since I got an offer from the residence waiting list. It took a while for them to add my residence fees onto my payment agreement, so maybe this just hasn't shown up yet? I may call someone about it, I guess. Since the money is due in a couple days and I don't want to over pay them.. but I also can't wait and have late fees.
If you do end up overpaying you can just go to Students Accounts and Cashiers in Gilmour Hall and ask for a cheque for the extra money on your account.
Old 08-29-2010 at 01:37 PM   #14
Mfm12

Quote:
If you do end up overpaying you can just go to Students Accounts and Cashiers in Gilmour Hall and ask for a cheque for the extra money on your account.
Okay that`s easy enough. I actually was charged double for my macpass a couple of weeks ago and getting a refund for the duplicate was surprisingly easy. Thanks for your help!