MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Payment Allana:) First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-27-2010 09:21 PM
About payment sangyeub First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-22-2010 01:33 PM
OSAP and Payment Agreement - Payment Options Kathy2 Financial Aid 1 07-04-2010 12:53 PM
Payment Help! 1mcmas First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 37 09-04-2009 01:54 PM
first payment Theexe1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 07-26-2009 09:54 PM

payment is due on AUG15 or SEP1?

Old 07-28-2008 at 01:33 PM   #1
ae1011

Liked: 0 Times

payment is due on AUG15 or SEP1?
well, I am sure many people are confused by the deadlines listed here....http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /getre...deadlines.html

can somebody tell me we should have our 1st payment by AUG15 or SEP1 please...
Old 07-28-2008 at 01:50 PM   #2
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

It says post dated so I'll assume that means cheques.
The way the chart is worded it sounds like you need to pay by Aug 15th but I guess if it's a cheque you can post date it for Sept 1st?
Old 07-28-2008 at 02:36 PM   #3
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

From what I understand all the PAPERWORK related to the payment agreement is due by August 15th (thus you need to confirm the P.A. by then). However, you can still hand in your check up till September 1st. If anyone else knows different, please let us know.

THIS FILE makes things a bit clearer.

Quote:
PAYMENT AGREEMENT DEADLINES - August 15
All forms relating to your Payment Plan and Funding Options are due in Gilmour Hall 209 (i.e. EASIF, MPPContract, Sponsorship Letters - Int’ Grad students).

PAYMENT DEADLINES - September 1st
Payment Deadline Date: Refer to “Balance Forward” line on your Payment Agreement. A $35.00 Payment Agreement Default Fee will be assessed to those missing payment by this date
Note how its split into two sections, the first one being only about the agreement - mentioning Aug 15th, and the other section is strictly about payment deadlines, and there is no mention of an August 15th payment deadline.

Of course, as I normally do in cases where I'm not sure of an answer I will contact the Liaison Office and see what they say and get back to you, posting their reply here when I get it.

I would suggest writing a check since it's easy, and then if you're near Mac you can walk up to the Registrar's Office in Gilmour Hall and simply drop it in the drop-off box for processing (and do so before August 15th). Be sure to put your full name and student number in the MEMO field.

sky_xox says thanks to Chad for this post.
Old 07-28-2008 at 02:50 PM   #4
ferreinm
Elite Member

When it doubt have it submitted at an earlier date.
Old 07-28-2008 at 03:00 PM   #5
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

If I don't get to MAC before Aug. 15th would it be okay if I just mail the cheque and if so where would I mail it? Gilmour Hall?
Old 07-28-2008 at 03:01 PM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Did a little searching, here is the PAYMENT AGREEMENT GUIDE from the Student Accounts and Cashiers Office.

See Step 7 below, note I have bolded the parts for emphasis

Quote:
Step 7 - Follow up
• Immediately make your required payment based on the payment plan you have just confirmed.
• Online Banking - log onto your bank’s website. Select McMaster University as a “New Bill” to pay. Use your 7-digit student ID # as the requested ”account” number. Enter the appropriate amount as indicated on your PA. Your payment can be set up immediately and post-dated by changing the date of payment.
Payments must be received in the Student Accounts and Cashiers office by September 1st. NOTE: Online banking payments take 3-4 business days to reach your Student Account. Payment should be arranged no later than August 25th.
• Check your Student Account - MUGSI/My Student Accounts and Cashiers/Account Statement for updated financial information. Please note that only payments received will be showing on your account until mid-September when the fees will charge.
• Check your Registration Status - MUGSI/Academics/Program & Course Summary and look for the Fully Registered line to read “Yes”.
So I am quite sure that you have right until Sept 1st to have the payment in. It does not have to be received by August 15th.

I will agree that their chart on the site is confusing.
Old 07-28-2008 at 03:03 PM   #7
ferreinm
Elite Member

You can pay online as well.
Personally, I would never mail a cheque out because it's iffy. Try to make it out to Welcome Day and pay for it then if you can.
Old 07-28-2008 at 03:05 PM   #8
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times

I had the hardest time finding the day when payment is due. I try to do it as soon as possible since I never know when it has to be in by (ie. if you can do it today, do it today).

You can try paying online. That's how I do it - it's easy and you don't have to go in person. It only takes about 5 minutes.
Old 07-28-2008 at 10:00 PM   #9
KaylaMarie

Liked: 3 Times

Hey so I just created a "bill" for McMaster University through my online banking...I know how much I owe on Sept. 1 so can I just pay it now? Or should I wait a few days for anything to be processed? I'm not sure how this works
Old 07-29-2008 at 01:11 PM   #10
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

RESPONSE FROM STUDENT ACCOUNTS AND CASHIERS OFFICE:

Hello,

There is lots of confusion, and I do appologize. The payments are due
for September 1st. You can drop off a cheque at any point and make the
cheque post-dated for September 1st. Hope this helps you. Again, sorry
for the confusion.

Hollie

Student Accounts and Cashiers
Financial Services e-mail:student.accounts @mcmaster.ca
Gilmour Hall 209 phone: 905/525-9140 X24478
McMaster University fax: 905/527-3615
1280 Main St. West
www.mcmaster.ca/bms/finance
Hamilton, ON
L8S 4L8

FJEAN, mgallant all say thanks to Chad for this post.
Old 07-29-2008 at 10:01 PM   #11
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

just to clarify does this mean I could if I wanted to drop off the cheque (post-dated to Sept.1st) to Gilmour Hall on the day I move in (Aug.30th)?