MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Difference between Soc Sci and Humanities? Silver First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 03-19-2012 09:59 AM
The difference between... shashycookie First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-25-2011 12:03 AM
difference in cultures! dhgn General Discussion 119 11-09-2010 09:45 PM
Difference between 1st & 2nd year eng GCSM First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 32 10-21-2010 09:44 AM
Is there any difference between day and evening courses? Sintos First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 19 12-29-2009 02:11 AM

People can't tell the difference between 4S & 5? LOL

Old 09-13-2012 at 12:12 PM   #1
mc_kumar

Liked: 13 Times

People can't tell the difference between 4S & 5? LOL
The iPhone 5 craze is in full effect and people are already in a trance. Funny video by Jimmy Kimmel as he took to the streets and showed off the new iPhone 5, but in reality it was 4S. People claimed the “new iPhone” is lighter, thinner, and has a better screen than the previous models. Check it out below.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/09/13/he...-new-iphone-5/
Old 09-13-2012 at 12:40 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

When i read it my thoughts were like this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU...r_detailp age
Old 09-13-2012 at 02:25 PM   #3
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

what's an iPhone?

Entropy likes this.
Old 09-13-2012 at 03:10 PM   #4
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

This video sums up the typical Apple user. They don't even know what they're being fed, and just blindly purchase the products.

One reason they can't tell the difference is because the appearance of iOS hasn't changed since 2007...and people call Apple innovative. The technology in iPhones are just playing catching up to other manufacturers these past few years, but that is all Apple has to do...since there are so many iSheep.

I'm not saying Apple makes bad or inferior products. I just can't stand these mindless consumers that don't even know what they're buying.
Old 09-13-2012 at 04:29 PM   #5
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

I can see Macbooks being wanted (even with a huge premium) because the operating system is different, but at this point all cell phones look the same but with small feature changes

Afzal likes this.
Old 09-13-2012 at 05:38 PM   #6
AngryBean
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I can see Macbooks being wanted (even with a huge premium) because the operating system is different, but at this point all cell phones look the same but with small feature changes
Almost forgot about this comic strip from 2 weeks earlier:

Old 09-13-2012 at 06:29 PM   #7
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
This video sums up the typical Apple user.
Actually, it doesn't. Not in any way. They would have interviewed dozens of people and handpicked the few who gave such a response. And you would get the same outcome with any other well-known phone revision.

I'm not saying that Apple products have not become some sort of fad; they have. But as with any product that becomes extremely popular, there are always people like you who feel the need to falsely group everyone who buys that product into one category, ascend above them, and strut their superiority complex.

DMe3 says thanks to Yogurt for this post.

Old 09-13-2012 at 06:50 PM   #8
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Quote:
This video sums up the typical Apple user. They don't even know what they're being fed, and just blindly purchase the products.

One reason they can't tell the difference is because the appearance of iOS hasn't changed since 2007...and people call Apple innovative. The technology in iPhones are just playing catching up to other manufacturers these past few years, but that is all Apple has to do...since there are so many iSheep.

I'm not saying Apple makes bad or inferior products. I just can't stand these mindless consumers that don't even know what they're buying.
As much as I agree that 90% of people that buy Apple products do not even know how to use the product to its full potential, there is a good reason they pick iOS over Android. it is easier to use than android, simple as that. I have had soo many people return their Android phone for an iPhone because they said they dont know how to use it and the iPhone is simple. Not to mention the all over customer experience is 1000 times better than with any android phone.

All these videos target iPhone users because it is much easier than targeting any Android users. I guarantee that there are just as many Android users who have nooo idea what their doing.

At the end of the day everyone prefers something else. No phone is better than another, it simply does not meet you needs. The iPhone does not need to play catch up, because it does what it needs to perfectly

The A6 Processor is suppose to be the first A15 processor, that every other manufacturer still has to release.
Old 09-13-2012 at 08:49 PM   #9
Allan
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
As much as I agree that 90% of people that buy Apple products do not even know how to use the product to its full potential, there is a good reason they pick iOS over Android. it is easier to use than android, simple as that. I have had soo many people return their Android phone for an iPhone because they said they dont know how to use it and the iPhone is simple. Not to mention the all over customer experience is 1000 times better than with any android phone.

All these videos target iPhone users because it is much easier than targeting any Android users. I guarantee that there are just as many Android users who have nooo idea what their doing.

At the end of the day everyone prefers something else. No phone is better than another, it simply does not meet you needs. The iPhone does not need to play catch up, because it does what it needs to perfectly

The A6 Processor is suppose to be the first A15 processor, that every other manufacturer still has to release.
Yes, that is exactly my point. The iPhone is simple to use and appeal to people who don't know anything about mobile technology...yet believe that Apple is the best and they feel the need to feed on everything that Apple makes. Consumers should buy products that fit their needs. I prefer Android, the reason it is not as 'simple' is because it offers more features and flexibility. However, that doesn't mean I'm loyal to Android, if I see another product tomorrow with more useful features, then I will jump ship in a second. I don't believe in brand loyalty.

The A6 processor has nothing to do with Apple. It is made by Samsung. Apple simply purchases it. Apple does not make hardware. This is another example of iSheep being misled.
Old 09-13-2012 at 09:14 PM   #10
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Quote:
Yes, that is exactly my point. The iPhone is simple to use and appeal to people who don't know anything about mobile technology...yet believe that Apple is the best and they feel the need to feed on everything that Apple makes. Consumers should buy products that fit their needs. I prefer Android, the reason it is not as 'simple' is because it offers more features and flexibility. However, that doesn't mean I'm loyal to Android, if I see another product tomorrow with more useful features, then I will jump ship in a second. I don't believe in brand loyalty.

The A6 processor has nothing to do with Apple. It is made by Samsung. Apple simply purchases it. Apple does not make hardware. This is another example of iSheep being misled.
lol wow, your serious about this.

That is the thing, I don't want features and flexibility, I cringe when I see the Android screen with a billion different widgets on it. Do people actually read everything? The majority of people simply have it for show. I remember when I was like that, I would put a large number of widgets on my desktop but I never actually used them, they just looked nice most of the time.
The iPhone is the most useful phone out there for me because it does what I need it to do the fastest and easiest and I do quiet a lot with my phone from simple everyday tasks right up to remote access my desktop. The biggest thing? When something goes wrong with it I dont have to call up Samsung and have to ship my phone to them. I walk into the Apple store and 9 times out of 10 they replace it on the spot. Besides I dont think I would be able to handle the anxiety of waiting for updates on Android

Honestly your last point just made me lose complete respect and you are calling me a sheep lol, You clearly do not understand the concept of manufacturing. Samsung simply puts the chip processor together for them, Apple is the one that comes up with the ideas and then tell Samsung this is what I want and Samsung simple follows their instructions.(very very dumb down version)

No doubt some of the technology used in the iPhone is other companies. The majority of the processor knowledge coming from Arm, where the A15 originates. But a lot of the power saving tech and integration comes from Apple themselves. Samsung makes a LOT of Apple's components but not all of it is thought of themselves.

Incase you didn't know, a lot of phones originate from the Arm processors including Android phones.

Porsche911, Yogurt like this.
Old 09-13-2012 at 09:18 PM   #11
Yogurt

Quote:
By that logic, China must possess one fuckton of IP.

Crzyrio, DMe3 like this.
Old 09-13-2012 at 09:29 PM   #12
AngryBean
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogurt View Post
By that logic, China must possess one fuckton of IP.
I must disagree, they might not produce it, but they sure do design it. Just check out the built in RAM in the new MacBook Pro.
Old 09-13-2012 at 09:38 PM   #13
Allan
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
Besides I dont think I would be able to handle the anxiety of waiting for updates on Android

Honestly your last point just made me lose complete respect and you are calling me a sheep lol, You clearly do not understand the concept of manufacturing. Samsung simply puts the chip processor together for them, Apple is the one that comes up with the ideas and then tell Samsung this is what I want and Samsung simple follows their instructions.(very very dumb down version)

No doubt some of the technology used in the iPhone is other companies. The majority of the processor knowledge coming from Arm, where the A15 originates. But a lot of the power saving tech and integration comes from Apple themselves. Samsung makes a LOT of Apple's components but not all of it is thought of themselves.

Incase you didn't know, a lot of phones originate from the Arm processors including Android phones.
I agree, updates on Android are definitely one of its weaknesses, unless you have a nexus device. My main argument is not Android is better than iOS, I'm simply saying each product has its strengths and weaknesses. What I am frustrated about is consumers who purchase products without comparing other products on the market...i think that is bad for innovation and competition, and hurts consumers in the end.

You seem the to know more about mobile technology than the average Apple user, I'll give you that. However, you do not understand the concept of manufacturing. Apple may be the one with the vision of what they want...but the manufacturer also has to do 'thinking' to make it possible. Don't tell me that manufacturing/engineering doesn't involve thinking. In fact, it involves more technical knowledge...than simply a customer knowing what they want. However, it can also work the other way around. Manufacturers can develop a product even before the customer has a direct use for it. In that scenario, the manufacturer tries to convince the customer to use their product, even before they have thought of it.
Old 09-13-2012 at 09:58 PM   #14
mikefung

Liked: 11 Times

Didn't really read the entire thread so don't know if it's already pointed out.

Isn't it when the new iPad 3 comes out someone did the same kind of experiment and people reacted very much the same way here?
Old 09-13-2012 at 10:11 PM   #15
Yogurt

Quote:
However, you do not understand the concept of manufacturing. Apple may be the one with the vision of what they want...but the manufacturer also has to do 'thinking' to make it possible. Don't tell me that manufacturing/engineering doesn't involve thinking. In fact, it involves more technical knowledge...than simply a customer knowing what they want. However, it can also work the other way around. Manufacturers can develop a product even before the customer has a direct use for it. In that scenario, the manufacturer tries to convince the customer to use their product, even before they have thought of it.
Actually, you do not understand manufacturing.

The designer (and IP owner) does everything thinking-wise. The manufacturer is the printer. If they cannot make the part in question, generally it is up to the designer to think of a way to make that possible (usually depends on the relationship and agreement). Apple loves to brag about that (and honestly, they have reason), especially since the release of the Airs and the Retina displays. The had to conceive new manufacturing processes in order to fit stuff into an unheard amount of space. I mean look at the Retina Pro; it's a feat of engineering. And the manufacturer had no role in it.

Case in point: Foxconn manufacturers parts for Acer, Apple, Dell, HP, Intel, Microsoft, Motorola, Nintendo, Nokia, Samsung, Sony, and Toshiba. What does that make them? The answer is nothing but a manufacturer. All they do is make the parts; they are not involved with the genius (or lack thereof) behind the design of what they're churning out. Company gives plans, they print it.

EDIT: Also, a clarification when it comes to manufacturers. There are suppliers and there are manufacturers. Don't confuse them. Foxconn is a manufacturer for Apple (among others); Apple (among others) owns whatever comes out of there. Samsung and Toshiba supply the hard drive disks for Apple computers; they have their own manufacturers and own plants, but they own the HDDs and Apple do not claim to do so. The A* (A5, A6, etc) SoCs are designed by Apple, manufactured by Samsung, and contain ARM CPUs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBean View Post
I must disagree, they might not produce it, but they sure do design it. Just check out the built in RAM in the new MacBook Pro.
Not exactly sure what you are saying. Who are they? And what about the RAM?

Last edited by Yogurt : 09-13-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Porsche911 likes this.