MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1BR 2 people apart kyrios91 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 1 05-16-2010 08:33 PM
Homeless People jordko General Discussion 29 10-15-2009 10:42 PM
Where do people end up after commerce? Serps General Discussion 11 08-22-2009 10:15 AM
People You Miss goodnews.inc General Discussion 23 07-24-2009 10:35 AM

People keep telling me something.

Old 11-04-2009 at 03:56 PM   #1
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

People keep telling me something.
Everytime I meet a new person, they comment on my height.
Then they proceed to tell me that apparently you can get money from the government for being short (but still taller than a midget).

Is this true? I've tried googling it, but no luck. Probably a load of bullocks because let's face it, why the shit would being short entitle me to money?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-04-2009 at 04:00 PM   #2
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Then they proceed to tell me that apparently you can get money from the government for being short (but still taller than a midget).

Is this true? I've tried googling it, but no luck. Probably a load of bullocks because let's face it, why the shit would being short entitle me to money?
You're right on the bollocks bit, I think...
Old 11-04-2009 at 04:02 PM   #3
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

If you find out if its true let me know.

I'm sure they're yanking your chain though.
Old 11-04-2009 at 04:06 PM   #4
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
If you find out if its true let me know.

I'm sure they're yanking your chain though.
That's what I thought, but I've never heard this before coming to Hamilton. At first it was a housemate. Then it was a random dude in class. And I heard it again this weekend. (just to name a few incidents)

Kinda coincidental that everyone is pulling my chain the same way. XD

Not that I want the money, I just need to know if it's true. Lol.

Old 11-04-2009 at 04:07 PM   #5
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Really? I've never heard of that. How tall are you? I'm 5'3".
Old 11-04-2009 at 04:09 PM   #6
sew12
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
Really? I've never heard of that. How tall are you? I'm 5'3".
I think she mentioned previously that she's really short, like 4'11" or something.

I'm 5' 2 3/4", my doctor disappointed me with this news when she asked how tall I was and I said 5'3" and she measured me and was like, not quite. *cries*

Maegs likes this.
Old 11-04-2009 at 04:09 PM   #7
caroline54

Liked: 10 Times

Oh I would definatly love to get money from the government for being short, I am like 5'2 haha
Old 11-04-2009 at 04:10 PM   #8
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
I think she mentioned previously that she's really short, like 4'11" or something.

I'm 5' 2 3/4", my doctor disappointed me with this news when she asked how tall I was and I said 5'3" and she measured me and was like, not quite. *cries*
Good memory.

I'm 4"11. (actually, pretty sure it's like 4"10 and a half..)

Old 11-04-2009 at 04:13 PM   #9
Shanel

Liked: 150 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post

They are probably yanking your chain. The only way I could think of this working is if you were short because you had Turner Syndrome or something (girls with Turner Syndrome are short, but not all short girls have Turner Syndrome). Then maybe you'd get free money. I myself am 5' 1''. Being short blows when you want to reach something high up, but great when you want to fit into tight spaces. Go shorties!
Old 11-04-2009 at 04:13 PM   #10
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanel View Post
They are probably yanking your chain. The only way I could think of this working is if you were short because you had Turner Syndrome or something (girls with Turner Syndrome are short, but not all short girls have Turner Syndrome). Then maybe you'd get free money. I myself am 5' 1''. Being short blows when you want to reach something high up, but great when you want to fit into tight spaces. Go shorties!
Speaking of fitting into tight spaces.

Brb, lemme find a pic on fb.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...753_95 22.jpg
That was a friggin TINY cupboard.

And yea, I do think they're yanking my chain but I've heard the same thing on over 5 occasions. It's just strange that everyone's got the same idea, lol.

Old 11-04-2009 at 04:14 PM   #11
sew12
Elite Member

Being short sucks and I wish I could get government funds for it too.

I mean we deserve money, I need money to hem my pants since no pant maker is apparently capable of making decent sizes that don't drag on the ground and get ruined. Even pants labeled "short" as opposed to the regular and long lengths are too long and need to be rolled up because I don't have the money to hem all my friggin' pants.

Also I think I should get like a robotic claw for reaching stuff.

I want a segway too since I walk so slow because my legs are too short.
Old 11-04-2009 at 04:16 PM   #12
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:

I mean we deserve money, I need money to hem my pants since no pant maker is apparently capable of making decent sizes that don't drag on the ground and get ruined. Even pants labeled "short" as opposed to the regular and long lengths are too long and need to be rolled up because I don't have the money to hem all my friggin' pants.

Even on pants that are "short," I still have to hem them AT LEAST 6 inches.

Pain in the ass.

Old 11-04-2009 at 04:20 PM   #13
Shanel

Liked: 150 Times

My dad hems all my pants. :3 When I was younger my grandma used to do it for me. Now that I think about it, pretty much all of my pants are either hemmed or drag on the ground. My mother is lawleypop's height, but she's skinny enough that she can get away with shopping in the kids' section :O. It's good for her because none of her pants ever need to be hemmed.
Old 11-04-2009 at 04:31 PM   #14
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

In order to qualify for a disability as a little person I believe you need to be 4'9" or less.

So they are sorta correct, just the actual height is wrong.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 11-04-2009 at 05:45 PM   #15
Moo!io

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:

TOTALLY seconded. I also loathe buying pants because even the "short" sizes are usually too long (I'm 5'3" but too fat to fit into children's sizes ¬_¬ ). Monetary compensation for undue mental distress works too since us shorties tend to get made fun of by tall people haha

That robotic claw and segway is a really good idea too. I remember in high school not being able to reach the top shelf of my locker and going "aggh...why did genetics screw me over so??? D: "

{ don't stop the music }

Maegs likes this.