MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Timetables Released - Access yours now Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-07-2012 06:18 AM
Personal Timetables AdelaisAer Academics 10 09-05-2011 09:34 PM
Timetables released! blackdragon Academics 156 08-19-2009 02:52 PM
Personal Timetables Will Be Released On Aug 11th mcinside MacInsiders Announcements 43 08-12-2009 11:41 PM
Personal Timetables Updates News Thread Chad Academics 6 08-03-2007 06:44 PM

Personal Timetables being released on MUGSI

UPDATE AUG 5: The university has temporary removed all access to timetables because of a problem of students not seeing correct information (or even timetables from other students!). They are looking into fixing the issue and restoring the timetables.

UPDATE AUG 4:: Reports are coming in that students are starting to see their timetables in MUGSI now. If you don't see yours yet, just have patience... not everyone is getting through. It seems they are releasing access slowly. So if you don't get through, try again in a few minutes. REMEMBER: You can't change anything right now anyways, until August 7th. So there's no rush to see it right away.

--

Personal timetables will be released on MUGSI starting August 5th as per the schedule on the Registrar's website.

Starting Tuesday you will be able to go into MUGSI and see the automatically generated timetable that SOLAR has put together for you. The exact time the schedules will be available is uncertain at this point, but keep checking through out the day as some may be released quicker than others.

If you want to change anything, you will be able to do so starting August 7th when SOLAR re-opens to make changes to your class times, etc.

Starting August 7th you'll be able to go into SOLAR and change things around just the same way that you picked your courses in the first place. This is called the 'ADD/DROP PERIOD'. You'll see a list of your courses, and the option to 'DROP' one. Once you 'DROP' it, it goes back into the open pool of courses other students can then pick it up. And then you now have a space available for you to 'ADD' a new course in. As long as it's open/available you can add it in and get a new timetable generated.

You actually have a while to ADD/DROP courses during the 'ADD/DROP period'. It goes right into the first week of classes which gives you a chance to attend all of your classes for the first time and see if you like them. If you took an elective that, after you attended the first class, you've changed your mind and don't want to take anymore, you have the opportunity to DROP it and ADD another elective instead.

Unsure about an acronym showing up on your timetable? Click here for a list of acronyms, building codes, and a map.

Any questions, you can post them in the MacInsiders Forum.

GOODLUCK WITH SECTIONING AND YOUR TIMETABLES EVERYONE!

FAQs

WHERE CAN I GO TO SEE OTHER SECTIONS?
To see other sections (CO1, CO2, C03, etc) and other tutorials/lab sections you can pick from... and also to see which prof is teaching those sections, use the Master Course Timetable (https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/) or use www.timetablegenerato r.com

WHAT IF WHAT I WANT TO ADD/DROP IS FULL?

Classes open up all the time as students continue to ADD/DROP courses. Once someone drops a course, it opens up for others to pick up. So you just have to keep checking SOLAR over and over till something opens up again, or you can use the MacInsiders Course Trading Thread to try and arrange a time to 'trade' a course if you want here >> http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=9399 9

REQUIRED COURSES you don't have to worry about, if they are full... your program will always open up a spot for you if it is a required course to complete your degree. The only add/drop courses that get truly 'full' are electives.

MUGSI IS SHOWING ME SOMEONE ELSE'S TIMETABLE!?
Lucky you! You're leading a double life. Seriously though, call up the Registrar's Office tomorrow morning at 9am >> 905.525.4600

WHAT DOES EOW / _____ TERM / MEAN ON MY TIMETABLE? WHERE IS X BUILDING?
See all the building acronyms, a map, and everything else you need to know lingo-wise here: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=9427 3
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 08-04-2014 at 08:27 PM   #2
pizzaslice
Program: Anthropology
Year: Third
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 3 Times
Timetables will actually be released on August 6/7 according to SOLAR!
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 08-04-2014 at 08:31 PM   #3
Chad
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Communication Studies & Multimedia
Year: Alumni

Liked: 1,731 Times
Hey Pizzaslice,

Where does it say August 6th?

The Registrar website states they will be released August 5th:
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /20142...tes-deadlines/

If it says something different on SOLAR and the date has changed, let me know and I'll change the announcement.

Old 08-04-2014 at 08:36 PM   #4
SweetyTweety
Elite Member
Program: School of the Arts
Year: Fourth

Liked: 165 Times
Nope, on MUGSI academics, it says August 5th, Chad is right.

Chad says thanks to SweetyTweety for this post.

Old 08-04-2014 at 11:00 PM   #5
alexsilver
Year: First

Liked: 0 Times
I do not see my timetable. I am on MUGSI. what do i click?
Old 08-04-2014 at 11:13 PM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Once in MUGSI you should see a link to view your timetable. I'm getting reports that it is working for some students and not others, so it could be that they are releasing them slowly and not everyone has access yet.
Old 08-04-2014 at 11:21 PM   #7
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Reports coming in that some students are see.... the WRONG PERSON'S timetable that isn't theirs. Interesting.

Commie42, mike4, shmozzy like this.
Old 08-04-2014 at 11:28 PM   #8
jon.john23
Elite Member
Program: Chemical Engineering
Residence: Camp 439

Liked: 130 Times
when can we get back into SOLAR and make changes to TT and/or add/remove classes?

Thnks
Old 08-04-2014 at 11:34 PM   #9
jon.john23
Elite Member
Program: Chemical Engineering
Residence: Camp 439

Liked: 130 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Reports coming in that some students are see.... the WRONG PERSON'S timetable that isn't theirs. Interesting.

its true!
Old 08-04-2014 at 11:38 PM   #10
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Starting August 7th you'll be able to go into SOLAR and change things around just the same way that you picked your courses in the first place. You'll see a list of your courses, and the option to 'DROP' one. Once you 'DROP' it, it goes back into the open pool of courses other students can then pick it up. And then you now have a space available for you to 'ADD' a new course in. As long as it's open/available you can add it in and get a new timetable generated.

You actually have a while to ADD/DROP courses during the 'ADD/DROP period'. It goes right into the first week of classes which gives you a chance to attend all of your classes for the first time and see if you like them. If you took an elective that, after you attended the first class, you've changed your mind and don't want to take anymore, you have the opportunity to DROP it and ADD another elective instead.

jon.john23 says thanks to Chad for this post.
Old 08-05-2014 at 09:11 AM   #11
SweetyTweety
Elite Member
Program: School of the Arts

Liked: 165 Times
Oh my goodness, when I opened my timetable and saw a bunch of level 4 Computer Engineering courses, I started freaking out. It changed right away, though, after I closed and re-opened the tab. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Quick question, though: I'm taking a class that has a tutorial component, but on the master timetable, it has a list of tutorials, but they've all been cancelled. On my schedule now, I also don't have a tutorial, so this class is only taking up 2 hrs/week. Does this mean that the professor decided not to have tutorials any more, or is this a glitch in the system?
Old 08-05-2014 at 09:51 AM   #12
Menzies
Faculty: Social Science
Year: Second

Liked: 10 Times
I understand what to do if you want to drop a class and switch to different one. I haven't had classes with tutorials or labs before and I will need to move a tutorial to allow for a class I've recently gotten permission to go in. I assume I don't have to drop the class, but there will be a drop down menu for which labs/tutorials are available?

Thanks for your help everyone. Us newbies appreciate it.
Old 08-05-2014 at 11:00 AM   #13
Menzies
Faculty: Social Science

Liked: 10 Times
and now the system is closed due to the 'seeing other people's timetables' issues.
Old 08-06-2014 at 11:21 AM   #14
nJagdev25
Program: Sociology

do we get the whole day to add/drop courses on solar or does it have to be done at a certain time? Are we adding/dropping courses during the same time we actually chose our courses at 12am?
Old 08-07-2014 at 02:20 PM   #15
kgrace
Program: Life Science

My timetable displays only the courses that allowed me to pick a Core, Tutorial, Lab during course registration. However, the courses that didn't give me that option (I assumed only had one core, given I'm entering third year) didn't show up on my timetable, but rather above it had a box with these courses saying that "cores, tutorials had to be selected by the student." This has never happened to me. I thought that the courses were assigned randomly to whatever time slot and today you can switch them around to whatever time slot you preferred...

I haven't gotten into SOLAR yet, so I'm kind of nervous if I have a seat in these courses.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search