MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Timetables Released - Access yours now Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-07-2012 06:18 AM
Personal Timetables AdelaisAer Academics 10 09-05-2011 09:34 PM
Timetables released! blackdragon Academics 156 08-19-2009 02:52 PM
Personal Timetables Will Be Released On Aug 11th mcinside MacInsiders Announcements 43 08-12-2009 11:41 PM
Personal Timetables Updates News Thread Chad Academics 6 08-03-2007 06:44 PM

Personal Timetables being released on MUGSI

Old 08-07-2014 at 03:28 PM   #15
starfish
Elite Member
Year: Alumni

Liked: 580 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nJagdev25 View Post
do we get the whole day to add/drop courses on solar or does it have to be done at a certain time? Are we adding/dropping courses during the same time we actually chose our courses at 12am?
You have until either mid-Sept or mid-Jan (depending on the term of the course) to add or drop. So, there's no specific time or day it has to be done (SOLAR can't accommodate enough people at once for this to work, and people may not be able to log on on a single assigned day).

You should have chosen courses already, so no, you're not adding/dropping during the same time - though you could have done so during your initial seven-day window. And, I don't think it opened at 12am - I believe it's 8:30am, as was already stated.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 08-07-2014 at 07:22 PM   #16
Ems467
Faculty: Science

Liked: 7 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrace View Post
My timetable displays only the courses that allowed me to pick a Core, Tutorial, Lab during course registration. However, the courses that didn't give me that option (I assumed only had one core, given I'm entering third year) didn't show up on my timetable, but rather above it had a box with these courses saying that "cores, tutorials had to be selected by the student." This has never happened to me. I thought that the courses were assigned randomly to whatever time slot and today you can switch them around to whatever time slot you preferred...

I haven't gotten into SOLAR yet, so I'm kind of nervous if I have a seat in these courses.
You've probably already figured this out, but in my experience, you still have to choose "C01" for courses that only have the one core.

Chad likes this.
Old 08-08-2014 at 02:07 AM   #17
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Communication Studies & Multimedia

Liked: 1,731 Times
Yup, you have to pick cores even if there's only 1 choice
Old 08-08-2014 at 02:28 AM   #18
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Communication Studies & Multimedia

Liked: 1,731 Times
QUICK TIP: Did you know you have until September 12th to add/drop and change around your course schedule? (http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /course-adddrop-dates/)

Once classes start everything isn't set in stone. In fact, the add/drop period runs right up until September 12th. That's quite a long time, and also gives you a chance to go to your classes, see what they are like, talk with an academic advisor (there are advisors for each faculty), and get things sorted out. So long as you don't drop a 'required' course, since you need those for your degree! If any 'required' courses are full, or conflicting, then your faculty will open up a seat for you, or make it work. Don't worry. As for 'electives', you get to choose which you want, and can add/drop them up until the 12th. Good luck!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search