Pets Taunton General Discussion 38 07-28-2009 09:32 AM

Pets ?

Old 10-28-2010 at 06:59 PM   #16
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
Hmm wow that is good news. I suppose to be courteous I should mention I have a dog and if they refuse just mention tenants rights
Just in case, do it AFTER you and him sign the lease.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-28-2010 at 07:12 PM   #17
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
Hmm wow that is good news. I suppose to be courteous I should mention I have a dog and if they refuse just mention tenants rights
Don't mention tenant's rights to a landlord. That's like asking when you can take your first vacation at a job interview. It just doesn't make you look very appealing.
Old 10-28-2010 at 08:27 PM   #18
BenTran

Liked: 3 Times

I think it is fair to ask the landlord about the possibility of having a pet in your rented unit.

I work part time for a management company and I often check on units once the lease ends to prepare for the next wave of tenents. Last year we receieved complaints of excessive noise from a newly renovated unit and we realize that one of the tenent had a cat which caused considerable damage to the wall and flooring which is unfair for both the future tenents of that unit and the landlord.

In regards to the Tenant LandLord Act, from the point of a view of a student, I think it is important to be protected from being bullied by landlords. We want the best living accomidation for the best price.

But from th landlords (or management) point of view, I think many students often misuse the act and feel that they can do whatever they want since the law protects them. Because of these ignorant people, it causes excessive damage to the unit and excsive complaints from roommates and neighbours.
Old 11-01-2010 at 08:59 PM   #19
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

A 10 pound dog is not a pet. It is a science experiment gone wrong.