MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Anyone in Philosophy 3Q03 - Philosophy of Law? MacStudent06 Academics 2 09-29-2010 07:06 PM
Too Much Philosophy? Chambini Academics 5 06-27-2010 04:09 PM
Sanskrit 3A06 nikki12 Academics 4 06-19-2009 11:49 PM

Philosophy 3A06

Philosophy 3A06
Kant to Hegel
Published by ferreinm
07-03-2009
Published by
Elite Member

Philosophy 3A06

In this course we focused on Rousseau, Kant and Hegel. Not surprisingly, the main focus on this course was Kant. Rousseau was a quick and easy flyby. We had tests every now and then. I found that I did better as each test went by which was good. We were studying Kant in this course while studying Kant in ethics as well. I'm not much of a Kant fan especially after talking about him so much I got bored pretty quickly. I found Hegel pretty interesting. We also had an essay in this course (yeah, I bet you didn't see that coming) and a final exam. We had a lot of time between marked assignments however the reading is pretty heavy and requires a lot of analysis. It's not like a skim through and read for fun sort of thing. Our professor was retired but very accommodating. He wanted to see us succeed and was really helpful especially during office hours. He also gave great analogies. However, odds are none of you will have him next year so I don't know how valuable that information is. However, this course is mandatory for Philosophy majors and I for the most part enjoyed it.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Philosophy 3A06!

Old 07-16-2009 at 10:18 AM   #2
Geek
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 98 Times
I have kind of a dumb question for you... I'm taking this class next year, but I think I'm going to run into a bit of a problem... It's likely that some of my other classes will be shifted around as I currently have a ton of conflicts and it's also quite likely that one of my classes will conflict with a 3A06 lecture for second term.

I really really really don't want to drop this class, so I was wondering whether you found going to lecture to be crucial for this course? Would it be a huge deal if I missed a lecture every other week or so? Can the material be easily absorbed by just reading it on your own?

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search