MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
List your iphone/blackberry plans here! :) demelo_b Computers & Tech 1 08-04-2010 12:52 PM
Iphone/blackberry plans demelo_b Computers & Tech 14 07-01-2010 10:43 PM
Blackberry vs. iphone lorend Computers & Tech 62 06-28-2010 07:28 PM

What phone should I buy, Blackberry or Iphone--or something else?

Old 07-16-2011 at 12:58 AM   #16
paliosag

Liked: 0 Times

you can put all your music on the android phone, too. that's what i do: I haven't touched my ipod in about a year.
Old 07-16-2011 at 01:02 AM   #17
IqzFendi

Liked: 41 Times

The latest BlackBerry Torch ftw!
Old 07-16-2011 at 03:43 AM   #18
kldv
Just Some Guy

Liked: 35 Times

I personally think you should get the Motorola E815, the latest technology. Tactile touch, up to date bluetooth1.1 technology, THOUSANDS of kilobytes of storage to use with its integrated stereo mp3 player, expandable up to a million kilobytes!
And let's not forget incredible, well designed, immersive games, like snake!!!

Who wouldn't want this thing?!

(I apologize for the trolling, this thread is just too common. The current consensus is that anything Android gives you the best adaptability, just be sure you find the right model. Most things HTC is putting out right now are fine. I would buy an iPhone if I weren't content with my blackberry curve, but that has a lot to do with my slow submission to apple's advertising. I saw a number of good suggestions in here already.)

InvisoBill likes this.
Old 07-16-2011 at 11:45 AM   #19
Fatalis

I'm also getting a new phone, and already have my mindset on the Galaxy SII. In my opinion, it's the best smartphone on the market.
Old 07-16-2011 at 12:09 PM   #20
Sintos

Liked: 85 Times

I bought the Microsoft phone last month.... Basically the best of both the Iphone and the Android, it is a little behind but MANGO is comping out in a month and its coming with 500+ updates.... It has a dual finger recognizable touch screen... angry birds compatible, and it has plants vs. zombies, <333. SOOO much to customize and it has Zune built in, (iTunes Music basically). definitely gonna be a top contender soon =) something to make your choice a little more difficult.
Old 07-16-2011 at 12:18 PM   #21
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kldv View Post
I personally think you should get the Motorola E815, the latest technology. Tactile touch, up to date bluetooth1.1 technology, THOUSANDS of kilobytes of storage to use with its integrated stereo mp3 player, expandable up to a million kilobytes!
And let's not forget incredible, well designed, immersive games, like snake!!!

Who wouldn't want this thing?!
I lul'd hard, didn't even see who posted it at first.
Old 07-16-2011 at 12:19 PM   #22
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
Have you used HTC? New Samsung "superphones"?

Superior to iPhone screens.
HTC Sensation
HTC Desire S
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences
Old 07-16-2011 at 12:20 PM   #23
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

Samsung Galaxy SII hands down. I used one yesterday, and it was just amazing.
Old 07-16-2011 at 01:11 PM   #24
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by djRAIN View Post
HTC Sensation
HTC Desire S
Gorilla Glass Display is Amazing. Simply Amazing.
Old 07-16-2011 at 05:35 PM   #25
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Android all the way if you like customization and all round awesomeness!

Personally I have a Motorola Atrix. Was worried at first about the bootloader being locked down but now its completely unlocked about 2 weeks ago! Now its just a matter of time for good custom roms for my phone like CyanogenMod 7! =D
Old 07-18-2011 at 11:04 AM   #26
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

The SG2 looks beautiful, try going for that. Or if you real want to wait till the next iPhone coming out in September.

Android's are deff more customizable out of the box but a jail broken iPhone is similar.

I personally believe the iPhone has a lot more fluidity to it and has and overall smoother feeling with the touchscreen when compared to most Androids, the SG2 could be different. I havent tried it yet.
Old 07-18-2011 at 11:19 AM   #27
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

I have a Nexus One. Fantastic phone. Love it.

If you want customizability, Android is the way to go for sure. Blackberries are ridiculous in my opinion, and iPhones aren't customizable in any way shape or form other than changing the backgound (ooooh.)

The Galaxy SII is awesome. If you're more budget conscious, look at the Nexus S, or the original Galaxy S. I've heard that cheaper android phones aren't all that great, but an older high end phone would work great.

What's interesting about Android is that every time they update the OS, it only gets faster. My Nexus One came with Android 2.1 and it runs WAY faster now that it's on 2.3.4.

If you like to customize, feel like you control every aspect of your phone, and you're pretty knowledgable with computers and the like, nothing beats Android.
Old 07-21-2011 at 07:52 PM   #28
Fatalis

Got my Galaxy S2 today.

It has my backing 100%. I don't think I could be happier with a phone.
Old 07-21-2011 at 09:42 PM   #29
Crusade
Account Disabled by User

Go with Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
So I was thinking of getting a new phone. I'm not sure what to go for with all these new phones coming out. The iphone and the blackberry seem to be the most popular, although there are quite a few HTCs around as well. I mainly need it for browsing, I want to be able to put my music on it. I want it customizable. And I want a big screen and don't want it to freeze up on me. Any ideas?

I have an iPhone 4, its great but it limited and highly dependent on the app store which is just a drain on ur money if you're planning on putting apps on it. Go with ANDROID, even I agree with the rest of them. Android has more potential, apple is good, but it is somewhat limited. I'd do some more research, then decide from there.
Old 08-12-2011 at 08:42 AM   #30
thatdudeukno

I have an Xperia X10 and it is an absolute piece of shit. Weird considering it's hardware is fairly powerful. I don't think you could go wrong with either the iPhone 4 or the samsung galaxy s2.