MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ART HIST 3PP3: History of Photography Fawkes Academics 0 04-29-2010 11:10 PM
Photography Infester Computers & Tech 11 03-16-2010 01:03 PM
Paddle Song: The Life and Adventures of E. Pauline Johnson lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-07-2010 10:50 AM
Photography Hangouts Jeff General Discussion 4 10-22-2009 04:03 PM
Photography Club??? gillybean Clubs & Groups 2 09-22-2008 12:29 PM

Photography Adventures

Old 05-19-2009 at 10:42 AM   #16
benjs

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
Nikon D300, D40x, N2000 with a 24-70mm, 70-300mm VR, AI 50mm f1.8, Sigma 10-20mm, SB-800 speedlight and a sore back from carrying it all around.

Sweet I won the overcompensation competition so far.
Wow, that's quite the set-up! My dad owns a photography store and I still don't think I could afford a rig like that. I'll stick with my G10 and call it a day!
Old 05-26-2009 at 05:02 PM   #17
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

If you haven't already, you should read this site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/apictureofbritain/how_to/

Also, I was at Glen Eden/Kelso Conservation Area on Sunday and took some pretty cool pictures. If you're in the Hamilton area/Peel you should check it out!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-02-2009 at 04:00 PM   #18
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Photo Contest!
Stella Artois has a photo contest! Entry date is FRIDAY JUNE 5TH. Apparently what you submit has nothing to do with alcohol, so yay! You must be at least 18 to enter though (of course it depends on where you live; so Ontario would be 19)

http://www.clubstellaartois. ca/photo_contest_landing

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-03-2009 at 12:52 AM   #19
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times

any word on the photography club?
i have a canon rebel xs, kit lens and 50mm 1.8
Old 06-03-2009 at 09:46 AM   #20
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

The list of ratified clubs isn't available yet, so no, no word on the photography club.

Old 06-03-2009 at 09:48 AM   #21
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

The clubs for the upcoming year get ratified sometime this summer, June/July. Check the clubs website later on to see what's going on with that.
There are a few other ways that I know of to get involved in more photography stuff on campus. As previously mentioned, the Sil takes volunteers, but the Marmor is also another option. If you're living in residence, contact your IRC reps and find out about helping with that yearbook. Some faculties also have yearbooks.. I believe Commerce has one?
Old 06-14-2009 at 04:29 PM   #22
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Another photo contest: http://www.vergemagazine.ca/photocontest/

Old 06-14-2009 at 04:31 PM   #23
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsmash26 View Post
Cootes Paradise and at various waterfalls in the Hamilton area.

Last night, I spent a few hours in Cootes and the RBG grounds trying to find the pelicans that were reported there. No luck, but I took a lot of fun shots anyway.

If anyone is interested, I'm expecting that I'll hike to a different Hamilton waterfall each Saturday this summer. Drop me a line if you are interested in joining:

[email protected]
I agree with this suggestion, lots of wild life in mcmaster's backyard and I really wish I had my camera when I went there.
Old 08-14-2009 at 11:15 AM   #24
mcmaster12

Liked: 6 Times

D90 with nikkor 50mm f/1.8

i too want to volunteer for the sil as a photographer. ive emailed them, but no replies...
wheres their office anyways?
Old 08-14-2009 at 11:22 AM   #25
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmaster12 View Post
D90 with nikkor 50mm f/1.8

i too want to volunteer for the sil as a photographer. ive emailed them, but no replies...
wheres their office anyways?
Quote:
If you are interested in writing or volunteering for The Silhouette, feel free to get in touch with our section editors or come by any of our weekly volunteer meetings. We’re located in MUSC B110, so feel free to drop by.
Source: http://thesil.ca/?page_id=2
Old 08-14-2009 at 11:46 AM   #26
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Yay I can't wait to go back and go on more photographic adventures.