MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
when does physics 1b03 start for summer school? ss1995 Academics 1 02-19-2014 08:29 PM
Physics 1B03/!BB3 in summer school annakara10 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 03-26-2013 02:12 PM
Physics 1B03 Summer School Little Academics 15 05-04-2011 06:54 PM
Physics 1B03- summer school nessa18 Academics 5 04-29-2011 08:24 PM
Physics 1B03 at Summer School marcie Academics 17 05-02-2010 11:36 AM

Physics 1b03 in summer school

Old 03-23-2015 at 06:43 PM   #1
aw07

Liked: 24 Times

Physics 1b03 in summer school
I am considering taking physics 1b03 in summer school. Can anyone share any advice. I am contemplating solely because of the course content being squashed into 6 weeks. Also, do graduate/medical schools look down on taking prereqs in summer school?
Old 03-24-2015 at 09:17 AM   #2
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

Depends on the school. You'll need to research each school on their summer course policy. Some schools will only accept summer courses taken for extra credit while others just take into account that you did this course in the summer
Old 04-21-2015 at 03:50 PM   #3
hydraulix

Liked: 0 Times

I'm pretty sure graduate school won't care. Not sure about medical school. It depends on your comfort level with physics. If you are comfortable with it then go for it. If it's something you've been struggling with, it's better to take more time to learn the concepts thoroughly. You'll probably see these concepts again on the MCAT or the GMAT etc. So you really want to get it right the first time.

You can also take other non-prerequisite courses instead (in the summer), and open up some space for the fall term.
Old 04-21-2015 at 06:30 PM   #4
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

Take it during summer school at Mac especially if Mike Massa is teaching it. I took both Physics 1b03 and 1bb3 last summer with Massa and found it relatively easy and enjoyable with him teaching it.