MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biochem 3G03 BenScott 3rd Year Course Reviews 59 06-15-2015 09:01 AM
Biochem 3G03 or Hth Sci 3K03? Only room for one Anaam Academics 12 09-04-2009 08:38 PM
biochem 2EE3/physics 1BB3 mohands Academics 5 06-22-2009 10:21 PM

Physics 1BB3 and Biochem 3G03 Conflict

Old 08-19-2009 at 06:00 AM   #1
aliatehreem

Liked: 0 Times

Physics 1BB3 and Biochem 3G03 Conflict
I need major advice for my course conflict. Third year course selection has been pretty impossible so far. I want to take Physics 1BB3 in first term instead of second, however, it conflicts with Biochem 3G03.

Would it be a good idea to take both courses and attend only physics, because i've heard that the Biochem 3G03 prof says on the first day of class not to come because it's pointless! And I must go to physics 1bb3 because there are iClicker quizzes. I would only go to class on the day of biochem 3g03 tests, and miss physics 1bb3 that day.

Is it a good idea to email the profs and ask them if they object? I'm so confused right now! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-19-2009 at 06:37 AM   #2
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliatehreem View Post
Would it be a good idea to take both courses and attend only physics, because i've heard that the Biochem 3G03 prof says on the first day of class not to come because it's pointless! And I must go to physics 1bb3 because there are iClicker quizzes. I would only go to class on the day of biochem 3g03 tests, and miss physics 1bb3 that day.
I don't think a prof would actually say that their lectures are 'pointless', but I still wouldn't recommend doing this. The biochem prof might have changed the course outline and included evaluations during lecture time, so you never know. Since 3G03 is only offered in Term 1, I suggest trying to take 1BB3 in Term 2 or during the summer.

Old 08-19-2009 at 09:36 AM   #3
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

You don't need to go to class for Biochem 3G03 if Yang is still teaching. The tutorials at night are more important.