MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting Ready For McMaster: 4. Picking Your Courses & Registering On SOLAR Chad Getting Ready For McMaster 219 06-07-2014 01:36 AM
Order of Courses on SOLAR RememberTwce First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-26-2010 08:26 PM
Courses to watch Solar for.... kimzy Academics 12 06-18-2010 02:56 PM
solar won't let me register some courses forever0zero Academics 5 06-22-2009 04:34 PM
Dropping and Adding Courses on SOLAR dchan28 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 07-10-2008 06:22 PM

Picked courses in SOLAR. Is that it?

Old 07-09-2009 at 02:18 PM   #16
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
McMaster will start "Fully registering" people at the end of July/beginning of August. As long as your fee status is cleared and you are eligible to complete registration, you're ok at this point.
I think they've already begun, it says YES to Fully Registered now.
Old 07-09-2009 at 02:46 PM   #17
mac-gal

Liked: 6 Times

Where on MUGSI do we put in our SIN in order to receive the scholarship?
Old 07-09-2009 at 02:48 PM   #18
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac-gal View Post
Where on MUGSI do we put in our SIN in order to receive the scholarship?
It may already be there but go to MUGSI and then to My Profile (To the Left) and then to Social Insurance Number (To the Right).
Old 07-09-2009 at 02:50 PM   #19
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

can anyone tell me as to how much time will it take to update the residence info on my payment agreement??
Old 07-09-2009 at 02:51 PM   #20
kanishka
winning

also how do i apply for SIN? I am an international student by the way...
Old 07-09-2009 at 02:53 PM   #21
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanishka View Post
can anyone tell me as to how much time will it take to update the residence info on my payment agreement??
Apparently it should be updated already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanishka View Post
also how do i apply for SIN? I am an international student by the way...
I believe you have to be a citizen to have a SIN...
Old 07-09-2009 at 02:59 PM   #22
feonateresa
Elite Member

About the SIN thing, here's some government info.

"If you are a Canadian citizen, a newcomer to Canada or a temporary resident, you need a Social Insurance Number (SIN) to work in Canada or to receive benefits and services from government programs.

Children who are 12 years of age or older may apply for their own SIN.
Parents and legal guardians can also apply for a SIN for children under the age of majority of their province.

Each SIN is issued to one person only. It cannot legally be used by anyone else. You are responsible for protecting your SIN. Store your SIN card in a safe place. Don’t keep it with you."

http://www.servicecanada.gc. ca/eng/sc/sin/index.shtml

My boyfriend is a permanent resident now, and did get his SIN as well as a Health Card. But I'm not sure if that applies.

jhan523, kanishka all say thanks to feonateresa for this post.
Old 07-09-2009 at 03:05 PM   #23
mac-gal

Liked: 6 Times

My residence and meal plan information were both updated yesterday

Applying for a SIN you'll have to do through the Canadian government, I'm not sure through what department exactly

I'd try a google search?
Old 07-09-2009 at 03:05 PM   #24
kanishka
winning

[quote=jhan523;65105]Apparently it should be updated already...

yeah....i just checked it and u r rite...it has been updated!
Old 07-10-2009 at 05:28 AM   #25
heavenlyspot

Liked: 0 Times

On SOLAR, you only choose courses that you plan to take in the first year, right? For instance you can't choose what you will take in year 2, 3 and 4. At least not yet?

Dumb question I know, but I hope I didn't make a mistake! The Political Science department said that the required amount is 3 units in the first semester, then 3 in the second (which is what I added on SOLAR).
Old 07-10-2009 at 08:45 AM   #26
feonateresa
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenlyspot View Post
On SOLAR, you only choose courses that you plan to take in the first year, right? For instance you can't choose what you will take in year 2, 3 and 4. At least not yet?

Dumb question I know, but I hope I didn't make a mistake! The Political Science department said that the required amount is 3 units in the first semester, then 3 in the second (which is what I added on SOLAR).
Technically you're only choosing for first year - yet it is possible to take a 2nd year elective. But no programs ask you to do this as far as I know.

Poli Sci has only one first year class, 1G06 - which is 3 units in first semester and 3 in second semester. Unless if they have two first year classes now that occur in different semesters.
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:28 PM   #27
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

You should now be able to see "Fully Registered - YES" under your Program and Course Summary on MUGSI.