MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swap 2nd term econ for 1st term mizz.s. Academics 0 08-31-2010 11:54 PM
Does anyone who has term 2 Physics 1L03 want to trade for the term 1 course? Yuls Academics 0 08-13-2010 01:42 PM
Will the first term courses be offered in second term too? nanaaoyama First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-04-2010 10:37 PM
Picking your last course BigT905 Academics 2 07-31-2010 01:40 PM
What happens if you fail a course first term that is a prerequisite for second term? MacPack Academics 3 06-11-2010 04:44 PM

Picking up a course for Second Term

Old 12-13-2009 at 10:54 PM   #1
Atomic

Liked: 0 Times

Picking up a course for Second Term
Hey,

so I'm looking at my term 2 schedule and noticing there is a conflict regarding two courses being on the same day same time. I am a first year Humanities student and as one of my electives I took Sociology 1A06 which is full year. It is on thursday nights between 7-9.

For second term, I took Philosophy 1B03 Law and Society and was mega stoked to take it, but the lectures seem to coincide with Sociology Thursday nights. Therefore it looks like my only option is to drop the Philosophy and replace it with something else. I was looking at possibilities and found really only one other course I might be interested in which is Health Studies 1A03 but I have NO IDEA what to expect out of this course. My biggest fear is that it is going to turn into another Peace Studies fiasco which let's just say turned out to be a major mistake on my part. You can obviously see my concern as I would dread more than anything if I were to make the same mistake taking something I absolutely hate.

My Question is then ; IS HEALTH STUDIES 1A03 A GOOD COURSE AND BY GOOD I MEAN EASY LOL AND WHAT EXACTLY DOES IT ENTAIL? IM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO OBVIOUSLY HAS TAKEN THE COURSE AND CAN GIVE ME FEED-BACK AS TO WHAT THEY ENJOYED MOST ABOUT IT. I'm typically the kind of guy who loves English (as you can tell by this enormous message) and i'm taking courses like religion, sociology, and philosophy. DOES HEALTH STUDIES KIND OF FIT THAT CATEGORY??? PLEASE ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED as I'm kind of low on time.

Thanks,

Patrick.
Old 12-13-2009 at 11:04 PM   #2
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
Hey,

so I'm looking at my term 2 schedule and noticing there is a conflict regarding two courses being on the same day same time. I am a first year Humanities student and as one of my electives I took Sociology 1A06 which is full year. It is on thursday nights between 7-9.

For second term, I took Philosophy 1B03 Law and Society and was mega stoked to take it, but the lectures seem to coincide with Sociology Thursday nights. Therefore it looks like my only option is to drop the Philosophy and replace it with something else. I was looking at possibilities and found really only one other course I might be interested in which is Health Studies 1A03 but I have NO IDEA what to expect out of this course. My biggest fear is that it is going to turn into another Peace Studies fiasco which let's just say turned out to be a major mistake on my part. You can obviously see my concern as I would dread more than anything if I were to make the same mistake taking something I absolutely hate.

My Question is then ; IS HEALTH STUDIES 1A03 A GOOD COURSE AND BY GOOD I MEAN EASY LOL AND WHAT EXACTLY DOES IT ENTAIL? IM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO OBVIOUSLY HAS TAKEN THE COURSE AND CAN GIVE ME FEED-BACK AS TO WHAT THEY ENJOYED MOST ABOUT IT. I'm typically the kind of guy who loves English (as you can tell by this enormous message) and i'm taking courses like religion, sociology, and philosophy. DOES HEALTH STUDIES KIND OF FIT THAT CATEGORY??? PLEASE ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED as I'm kind of low on time.

Thanks,

Patrick.
Can please you tell me why peace studies was a fiasco? I was actually considering taking that next term!