MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Places to shower on campus? lawleypop General Discussion 15 12-08-2009 11:24 AM
Nice places to smoke on campus. panici General Discussion 55 10-30-2009 05:11 PM
Study Spots / Hidden places on campus hmmmcurious General Discussion 32 12-14-2008 09:45 PM
Off-Campus Housing Part Four: What to Look For When Looking At Places lorend Residence & Off-Campus Living 0 01-13-2008 01:43 PM
(More) Places to Eat Off-Campus Chad Food & Meal Plans 4 01-12-2008 04:08 PM

Places to study on Campus

Old 09-10-2007 at 10:57 AM   #1
Sarahs

Liked: 0 Times

Places to study on Campus
Hi everyone,

I am new to McMaster this year and I am wondering where there are good places to study on campus... I have quickly discovered that the student centre becomes crowded fast and I am just wondering if anyone has any great spots for quiet concentration? Or at least some tables and chairs!

Thanks
Sarah
Old 09-10-2007 at 12:44 PM   #2
smiley12

I'm actually sitting in MDCL right now and it seems pretty quiet. Just find a bench beside a lecture hall. There's also a pretty cool room with a waterfall in it here. I don't know how busy it is, but it looks like a nice place to sit.
Old 09-10-2007 at 01:38 PM   #3
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

I was on the third floor of the student center to pick up OSAP and it seemed like a really nice & quiet place to study (there are chairs and tables in the lobby)

Old 09-10-2007 at 06:59 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

The following article may help you out as well: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1744 9

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-10-2007 at 07:25 PM   #5
Sarahs

Thank you everyone. I will check them out. I appreciate the responses!

Sarah
Old 09-10-2007 at 10:47 PM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

That's why we're here.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-10-2007 at 11:31 PM   #7
madison817

I find the best places (ie. the quietest) are the upper levels on pretty much any building at Mac. for example, i noticed most people dont know there are upper levels to MDCL and that there are tables up there, there arent many but there are some. and you'll find basement of thode almost always busy, but no one goes up to the 3rd floor silent study areas!
Old 09-11-2007 at 09:19 AM   #8
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Good quiet study areas... the quiet study rooms on the first floor of MILLS, or the quiet study carrols on the fourth floor.

Here are some study area listings for you:
Mills Library Study Space
Innis Library Study Space
Thode Library Study Space
Health Sciences Library Study Space