MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Massive Smoke Stack on Campus JackBauer133 General Discussion 16 04-26-2010 02:45 PM
Places to shower on campus? lawleypop General Discussion 15 12-08-2009 11:24 AM
Off-Campus Housing Part Four: What to Look For When Looking At Places lorend Residence & Off-Campus Living 0 01-13-2008 01:43 PM
(More) Places to Eat Off-Campus Chad Food & Meal Plans 4 01-12-2008 04:08 PM
Places to study on Campus Sarahs Academics 7 09-11-2007 09:19 AM

Nice places to smoke on campus.

Old 10-23-2009 at 04:45 PM  
panici

Liked: 1 Time

Nice places to smoke on campus.

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

Old 10-23-2009 at 04:47 PM   #1
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by panici View Post
Hey everyone,

I enjoy a good cigar every week or two, where are some nice/sheltered places to smoke on campus?

I know there are the 'bus shelter' type things, and I guess that's OK if you're puffing a cig. It usually takes at least half an hour to 45 minutes to smoke a cigar, and if I have to be exposed to the elements (and thus not enjoy the experience) i'm just not going to bother.

Anyways, take care everyone, I hope your semester is going well so far

-Kelvyn
Well, you can't smoke within 9 metres of a building, so I don't think there'll be any "sheltered" places... o_O

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-23-2009 at 04:53 PM   #2
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Well, you can't smoke within 9 metres of a building, so I don't think there'll be any "sheltered" places... o_O
In the Rezes; Like near Hedden and McKay there are these smoking Shelters of some sorts where people essentially sit in and smoke :S I'm not sure if that was their original purpose though! Another spot is Between Arts Quad And Edwards; there are those benches(near the arch). Though that is out in the open. Another could be the 1280 Courtyard; though on club nights you won't be allowed in.

The Smoking HeadQuarters at Mac though is Mills Courtyard near the benches next to the Glass windows near Williams; its sheltered from rain/snow too by the MUSC roof. It is technically illegal since its less then 9m I suppose. But people just stand and smoke there all day.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 10-23-2009 at 05:15 PM   #3
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

well, i guess this gives you all the more reason to quit!
Old 10-23-2009 at 05:56 PM   #4
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Hey everyone,

I enjoy a good cigar every week or two, where are some nice/sheltered places to smoke on campus?

I know there are the 'bus shelter' type things, and I guess that's OK if you're puffing a cig. It usually takes at least half an hour to 45 minutes to smoke a cigar, and if I have to be exposed to the elements (and thus not enjoy the experience) i'm just not going to bother.

Anyways, take care everyone, I hope your semester is going well so far

-Kelvyn
Don't know about cigars, but for pipe smoking, the grassy area between University Hall, Hamilton Hall and Whidden is pretty good, provided that it's not too windy or raining - of course, pipe smokers should have no trouble waiting for a better day, unlike cigarette smokers
Old 10-24-2009 at 02:02 AM   #5
panici

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
well, i guess this gives you all the more reason to quit!
To quit would mean I would have to be addicted first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahratta View Post
Don't know about cigars, but for pipe smoking, the grassy area between University Hall, Hamilton Hall and Whidden is pretty good, provided that it's not too windy or raining - of course, pipe smokers should have no trouble waiting for a better day, unlike cigarette smokers
Haha alright, i'll check out that spot next time we have a nice-ish day.

I do always laugh a little inside when I see cigarette smokers outside on a rainy/windy day smoking!
Old 10-24-2009 at 02:38 PM   #6
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
I've always wanted to try a cigar (I'm a non-smoker), it's more of a status thing than an addiction thing. Good cigars just aren't in my budget though. :(
Old 10-24-2009 at 03:09 PM   #7
salimak

Liked: 21 Times

I find it so annoying when people smoke right outside Thode..thanks for the lung intoxication.

janeller says thanks to salimak for this post.
Old 10-24-2009 at 07:42 PM   #8
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimak View Post
I find it so annoying when people smoke right outside Thode..thanks for the lung intoxication.
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of inhaling cigarette smoke as I walk out of my residence / libraries either.
Old 10-24-2009 at 09:28 PM   #9
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Just please, never smoke at bus stops. I hate the a-holes that do. Actually, just don't smoke on campus. Not many like to breath in that crap.

daisy, manu, xo.monica like this.
Old 10-24-2009 at 09:49 PM   #10
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

[quote=panici;102667]To quit would mean I would have to be addicted first?

Well, I see an addict as someone who repeats an action over and over again..and since you smoke every two weeks or so, than I assume that you are addicted and therefore are an addict...
Old 10-24-2009 at 09:59 PM   #11
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

[quote=manu;102778]
Quote:

Well, I see an addict as someone who repeats an action over and over again..and since you smoke every two weeks or so, than I assume that you are addicted and therefore are an addict...
You assume someone's an addict because they smoke a cigar every two weeks or so?

If someone has one drink every two weeks or so are they an alcoholic?

Umm no. Every two weeks is like an occasional cigar, its like a treat I guess.

danallan, sinsintome like this.
Old 10-24-2009 at 10:05 PM   #12
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post

I go to the gym every few days...but I assure you I'm not addicted to going to the gym. I can quit any time I want.

danallan likes this.
Old 10-24-2009 at 10:33 PM   #13
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

[quote=manu;102778]
Quote:

I masturbate once every two weeks, give or take.
I don't HAVE to because I'm addicted. I CHOOSE to.

Hell, I can go x weeks if I wanted to.

That's just not a good definition.

Trade masturbate with alcohol, weed, a fancy meal at a restaurant, etc. It's an indulgence.

An addiction normally impedes your every day life. Smoking a cigar bimonthly isn't an impedement. ._.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

danallan, Goce like this.
Old 10-24-2009 at 10:35 PM   #14
jonphillip

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
I can quit any time I want.
things_that_addicts_s ay.txt