MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does anyone else play Guildwars 2? AcaciaS2 General Discussion 1 09-21-2012 04:53 PM
Why play games when you can play life instead? PHLN General Discussion 18 02-26-2011 01:56 AM
Any one play Minecraft? Yakattack Gaming 39 11-06-2010 12:13 PM
anyone play starcraft1 yo? rmfldkdtm Gaming 1 08-31-2010 04:53 PM

Play

Old 12-04-2012 at 07:12 PM   #1
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 244 Times

Play
So...
For a school course, I have to spend time "playing", documenting my time in a log and finding a verifier for the activities.
Tried to Internet search "playing"...I don't think they meant computer games, but not sure exactly how I can "play"?
Board games require a lot of time and a lot of people...
I'd love to build some lego houses, but I don't have any...

P.S. The course is managing stress, so...
Old 12-04-2012 at 07:16 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

What are you talking about. Playing definitely involves computer games. Just log your activities with Fraps (I did with sc2). There is definite stress. For example, stress in your own skills for sc2, stress in team games like dota etc. Talk to your TA/prof about specifications
Old 12-04-2012 at 07:24 PM   #3
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 244 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
What are you talking about. Playing definitely involves computer games. Just log your activities with Fraps (I did with sc2). There is definite stress. For example, stress in your own skills for sc2, stress in team games like dota etc. Talk to your TA/prof about specifications
I think the point of the course is to get us away from the computer and doing other things.
Old 12-04-2012 at 07:38 PM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

What else did they give you in terms of instructions. Play is such a general verb and can be applied to so many things. As I said ask for specifics
Old 12-04-2012 at 07:40 PM   #5
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
P.S. The course is managing stress, so...
The assignment is a trap. It's intentionally undefined, despite sounding like it's supposed to be something you enjoy doing. Your profs and TAs will be unreachable, and no one in your class will be of any help.

The day it's due, your prof is going to ask how you dealt with not knowing how to approach the assignment, and your mark will depend on where your answer lies between "playing the piano" and "kicking a puppy".

...Calling it now.

Faer, MacPack, Zebedee like this.