Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Course Reviews MTK3 Academics 5 08-29-2010 10:41 PM
Course Reviews Re-Opened Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-13-2009 07:43 PM
course reviews gladmam General Discussion 13 08-10-2009 08:11 AM
Course Reviews! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-07-2008 03:52 PM

Please Add Course Reviews

Please Add Course Reviews!

Term I of summer school at McMaster is officially OVER!

If you took a course this summer please add it (or add on to an existing thread) so more information is available for the 2009-2010 academic session!

To all Alumni and Year V students: any completed fourth year courses would be especially appreciated!

Thanks!

You can check out the Reviews section here.
Published by
MacInsiders VP

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 06-20-2009 at 12:35 AM   #2
Chris
Faculty: Humanities
Year: First

Liked: 1 Time
if anyone has gone through the multimedia program and can post reviews of any of these courses:
MMEDIA 2E03 vector graphics
2G03 intro to digital audio
3M03 programming fundamentals
i would really appreciate it as the undergrad calender descriptions are really vague.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 06-20-2009 at 12:49 AM   #3
feonateresa
Elite Member
Program: Cognitive Science of Language
Year: Fourth

Liked: 196 Times
Oh! And if anyone has taken Biology 1P03, Linguistics 2L03/2LL3/2D03... thankss ;].

I'll try to add more reviews myself. =]
Old 06-20-2009 at 09:43 AM   #4
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Communication Studies & Multimedia
Year: Alumni

Liked: 1,731 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
if anyone has gone through the multimedia program and can post reviews of any of these courses:
MMEDIA 2E03 vector graphics
2G03 intro to digital audio
3M03 programming fundamentals
i would really appreciate it as the undergrad calender descriptions are really vague.
Hey Chris

I didn't take the 2E03 class, but I took a course similar to Intro To Digital Audio. Unfortunately the course was taught by a session professor when I took it, so when you take it it will be different now that I've heard they've hired a full-time professor that specializes in audio. But the course basically teaches you CuBase and you learn MIDI.

I also took a programming course in my 3rd year, but I think they may have changed the course code since I took it. We went through the basics of PHP. If Stefan Sinclair is teaching it (he's really good with programming), or MacTavish, they'll probably go into more complex stuff with javascript libraries or ajax. I'd highly recommend taking programming so you get a basic understanding of it as it'll come in handy in the future if you are building websites, etc. Or, if you're a more graphic design type person I would recommend the vector class so you can learn Illustrator (VERY handy to know.. especially in the future if you're doing print design - brochures, tshirts, etc). If you're into music and know the basics of the piano keyboard, then the audio class is really fun. In my year there were 2 classes.. intro to midi, and advanced midi. Intro was alright, it got you think about midi and started in cubase. Then the advanced course was a LOT more fun and was taught by Simon Wood. He was an AMAZING professor, unfortunately he's leaving Mac this year. If you're into making your own music then definitely take the course, it's a great overview to sound design, and you get a lot of creative freedom to play around with sounds and make your own compilations.

Chris says thanks to Chad for this post.

Old 06-20-2009 at 11:23 AM   #5
sew12
Elite Member
Program: Multimedia
Year: Fourth
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 473 Times
I believe Sinclair is teaching Programming this year. I'm excited to take it. I like Prof Sinclair and he wasn't around last year so it will be cool to have him as a Professor again.
Old 06-20-2009 at 12:49 PM   #6
Chris
Faculty: Humanities
Year: First

Liked: 1 Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Hey Chris

I didn't take the 2E03 class, but I took a course similar to Intro To Digital Audio. Unfortunately the course was taught by a session professor when I took it, so when you take it it will be different now that I've heard they've hired a full-time professor that specializes in audio. But the course basically teaches you CuBase and you learn MIDI.

I also took a programming course in my 3rd year, but I think they may have changed the course code since I took it. We went through the basics of PHP. If Stefan Sinclair is teaching it (he's really good with programming), or MacTavish, they'll probably go into more complex stuff with javascript libraries or ajax. I'd highly recommend taking programming so you get a basic understanding of it as it'll come in handy in the future if you are building websites, etc. Or, if you're a more graphic design type person I would recommend the vector class so you can learn Illustrator (VERY handy to know.. especially in the future if you're doing print design - brochures, tshirts, etc). If you're into music and know the basics of the piano keyboard, then the audio class is really fun. In my year there were 2 classes.. intro to midi, and advanced midi. Intro was alright, it got you think about midi and started in cubase. Then the advanced course was a LOT more fun and was taught by Simon Wood. He was an AMAZING professor, unfortunately he's leaving Mac this year. If you're into making your own music then definitely take the course, it's a great overview to sound design, and you get a lot of creative freedom to play around with sounds and make your own compilations.
awesome I'm excited to take these courses, thanks for the review!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search