Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's your Guilty Pleasure? kokosas General Discussion 61 08-30-2008 11:40 AM

Pleasure as Purpose or No?

Old 11-06-2010 at 07:20 PM   #151
NowHere

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
And Take your own advice and turn off. You're thinking to much. And it may not be your fault-May I ask, and I don't mean this as an insult, but I know someone who's been in a very similar state as you, and they were bipolar. Have you ever seen a psychiatrist?
Never seen a psychiatrist. Maybe bi-polar, maybe borderline personality disorder, maybe some form of OCD, maybe neither, don't know.
Old 11-06-2010 at 07:23 PM   #152
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowHere View Post
Never seen a psychiatrist. Maybe bi-polar, maybe borderline personality disorder, maybe some form of OCD, maybe neither, don't know.
Its best to find out hun, because then you'll start to at least understand why you think the way you do. And from there work on it. Either way, you can get out of feeling the way you do. There is always help. And if you had the stength to leave drugs, you'll have the strength to get through these feelings.

Old 11-06-2010 at 07:26 PM   #153
NowHere

Quote:
Its best to find out hun, because then you'll start to at least understand why you think the way you do. And from there work on it. Either way, you can get out of feeling the way you do. There is always help. And if you had the stength to leave drugs, you'll have the strength to get through these feelings.
I dunno, I feel like I can do it myself.
Old 11-06-2010 at 07:31 PM   #154
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Quote:
Good for you-that's the first step.

*snip snip*

Have you ever seen a psychiatrist?
I like you crazyfree. You gave me some good advice to. Thanks .
Old 11-06-2010 at 07:33 PM   #155
crazyfree
Elite Member

Quote:
And I'm sure you can. I've been down that road and its a long one. But at the same time, if you do know at least why you think the way you do, it can help you a lot in that journey.

Old 11-06-2010 at 07:33 PM   #156
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Quote:
You don't have to go through life yourself. There are people to help. And there isn't anything wrong/to be shamed of...they're there to help. If you try to keep everything inside and toughen it out, you're going to explode.
Old 11-06-2010 at 07:34 PM   #157
NowHere

Quote:
And Take your own advice and turn off. You're thinking to much. And it may not be your fault-May I ask, and I don't mean this as an insult, but I know someone who's been in a very similar state as you, and they were bipolar. Have you ever seen a psychiatrist?
What happened to that person?
Old 11-06-2010 at 07:38 PM   #158
NowHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
You don't have to go through life yourself. There are people to help. And there isn't anything wrong/to be shamed of...they're there to help. If you try to keep everything inside and toughen it out, you're going to explode.
I have a close friend who knows all my secrets. What can a shrink do for me?
Old 11-06-2010 at 07:39 PM   #159
crazyfree
Elite Member

Quote:
What happened to that person?
The bipolar one? They worked through it. It took years, and the final legs aren't over yet, but they're doing very well.
Its taken a lot of things in life and people in that person's life to get the where they are, but they did get to place where they are happy. But as that person says to me-they're always a work in progress. But we all are

Old 11-06-2010 at 07:40 PM   #160
crazyfree
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
I like you crazyfree. You gave me some good advice to. Thanks .
Not a problem. Happy I could help ^_^

Old 11-06-2010 at 07:49 PM   #161
crazyfree
Elite Member

Quote:
I have a close friend who knows all my secrets. What can a shrink do for me?
Believe it or not, shrinks aren't always stuffy old men in big chairs. They might know or understand things about life your friend may not. Its not just a matter of sharing your feelings-though that's really important too! But about learning how to deal with them. Sometimes the simplest comment or question can make a difference and help you realize something for yourself.

Mind not every shrink is going to be good at their job (/see thread on ppl who become doctors for money) but the right one can make a huge difference.

Old 11-06-2010 at 07:52 PM   #162
NowHere

Quote:
Believe it or not, shrinks aren't always stuffy old men in big chairs. They might know or understand things about life your friend may not. Its not just a matter of sharing your feelings-though that's really important too! But about learning how to deal with them. Sometimes the simplest comment or question can make a difference and help you realize something for yourself.

Mind not every shrink is going to be good at their job (/see thread on ppl who become doctors for money) but the right one can make a huge difference.
How much does that cost?
Old 11-06-2010 at 07:59 PM   #163
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

I'd strongly recommend for you to get help when you're ready, NowHere, especially if you suspect you might be bipolar. There's nothing wrong with seeing a counselor, and they often have experience working with people who have gone through similar situations as you.

I've known several guys who have managed to turn their lives around after hitting rock bottom (homelessness, prison, addictions, etc.) and it was all with professional help who was able to give them the resources they needed to make it possible. Sometimes friends just aren't enough help and you need someone extra to give you that push on the right track.
Old 11-06-2010 at 08:02 PM   #164
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

Quote:
How much does that cost?
It can vary, but a good place to start looking is with the Centre for Student Development. Also, if you are diagnosed with having a mental disability and declare it through the school, you can get money from the government to go towards counseling.
Old 11-06-2010 at 08:03 PM   #165
NowHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienSummer View Post
I'd strongly recommend for you to get help when you're ready, NowHere, especially if you suspect you might be bipolar. There's nothing wrong with seeing a counselor, and they often have experience working with people who have gone through similar situations as you.

I've known several guys who have managed to turn their lives around after hitting rock bottom (homelessness, prison, addictions, etc.) and it was all with professional help who was able to give them the resources they needed to make it possible. Sometimes friends just aren't enough help and you need someone extra to give you that push on the right track.
Cyclothymia (bipolar light light) perhaps but I feel fine most of the time lately. Sometimes I have slight depressed states and avoid social events but does that mean I am crazy?