What's your Guilty Pleasure? kokosas General Discussion 61 08-30-2008 11:40 AM

Pleasure as Purpose or No?

Old 11-06-2010 at 03:05 PM   #136
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
Me too. There were these 6 weeks in Grade 12 that they were the only band that i listened to.

(yea i know my grammar suks in that sentence. fcuking sue me)

Aaah, grade 9 was my Silverstein year.
See, this is why you should come to the meetup. so we can stop having conversation on threads, and irl.
Old 11-06-2010 at 03:09 PM   #137
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
Aaah, grade 9 was my Silverstein year.
See, this is why you should come to the meetup. so we can stop having conversation on threads, and irl.
What your favourite song by them?
Personally, it's Discovering the Waterfront, then Call it Karma. Best album by them hands down.

And I'm not as open in IRL lol. It's usually hard for me to just start talking to a stranger as I do online...like here on MI.
Old 11-06-2010 at 03:18 PM   #138
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
What your favourite song by them?
Personally, it's Discovering the Waterfront, then Call it Karma. Best album by them hands down.

And I'm not as open in IRL lol. It's usually hard for me to just start talking to a stranger as I do online...like here on MI.

Mine is also Discovering The Waterfront

Doesn't matter if you're not as open irl. I shall help with that.
Old 11-06-2010 at 03:19 PM   #139
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Weeeeeee

Quote:
Oh dear ( ̄ー ̄)
Old 11-06-2010 at 03:20 PM   #140
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:

Lmao. I know, right?
I hug people I just meet, I talk to them as if they're my BFFL.

People can't be shy around me.

Last edited by xo.monica : 11-06-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-06-2010 at 03:28 PM   #141
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Pleasure as Purpose or no?

6 seconds of pleasure or 6 seconds of purpose?

Personally, that was sex. So I'd say pleasure.

Yea I posted it before but the thread got deleted or I just cant find it lol because it was a waste of a thread

Last edited by SilentWalker : 11-06-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-06-2010 at 03:34 PM   #142
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Yea I posted it before but the thread got deleted or I just cant find it lol because it was a waste of a thread
If the thread got deleted you should take that as a hint that this video was in some way offensive to someone and does not need reposting.
Old 11-06-2010 at 03:39 PM   #143
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
If the thread got deleted you should take that as a hint that this video was in some way offensive to someone and does not need reposting.
It probably was offensive due to the title (which honestly wasn't offensive. it's an internet meme dealing with sammiches. look, I'm not going into details, kay? kay.). The video itself isn't offensive in any way.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 11-06-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-06-2010 at 04:03 PM   #144
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

I'm just here to take over the world. It's a little harder than I anticipated but everyone has their problems
Old 11-06-2010 at 05:55 PM   #145
NowHere

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
I don't see why not. I know people who sometimes are.
I am not who I think I am, I am not who you think I am, I am who I think you think I am.
Old 11-06-2010 at 06:03 PM   #146
NowHere

Here's something I wrote a while back for any of you who care for insight into me:

---

Sexually abused when I was a kid.

Good student in grade school, got bored of it at grade 7. Seems after puberty hit, I was no longer a hit with the ladies.

Became addicted to and smoked a gram of marijuana a day for over a year. By this point I've sank thousands of my parents (first generation immigrants) dollars into games, drugs, food and alcohol.

Influenced my friends into smoking marijuana every day until it became a habit for them (to this day).

Drank myself silly several times.

Sold marijuana to other people.

Went into a relationship with a girl purely for sex and practice.

Many regrets of not having done the right thing with girls despite having had so many opportunities.

Dropped out of night school from smoking weed and playing starcraft every night.

After barely managing to graduate from high school, worked for a while and then spent all my savings on drugs (weed and mushrooms), alcohol and food over a one month period. Parents probably wondered what I want to do with my life.

While puking in a motel room bathroom I tricked myself into never wanting to get drunk or high again. This was the start of turning my life around.

After two years with my girlfriend I decided I wanted to make it known that I wish to **** more girls than just she. Messy break up. Said she'd commit suicide if I hung up the phone, what was I supposed to do? (i did hang up that phone but she still lives)

Met a really cool girl and explored some interesting ground about relationships (she had a boyfriend) with her. ****ed it up. She cut me off.

Got into University with great grades and kept up with great grades for two years.

Got a co-op job two years in a row, depressing workplaces. Office day in day out with the same faces, does anyone like their job? Is this what all my hard work is for? Motivation for high grades plummeted.

Saw some old friends after 3 years, they are doing the same old shit with drugs and alcohol. Their minds are still clenched tight and seem to be rotting. Scary and sad. Dreams seem unattainable.

Wonder why I'm not going after all these pretty girls.

Wonder what will happen if I explore the avenues polyamory and swinging. Is this what I want or will this path lead me to losing someone I really love? I want to overcome my own feelings of insecurity and jealousy though. Maybe I'm addicted to sex but if my ***** fell off I wouldn't know what to do anymore.

Drawing from certain buddhist principles seems effective.

-----

People tell me I'm a smart kid, sometimes I get complimented on my looks but I don't know if they are just being nice. I do all the things to make myself more attractive to girls such as work out, don't play video games, be mature, dress nice, by hygienic. Still I can't approach girls. I think they will look at me and see a creepy old man. Maybe I need to financially liberate from my parents first.

You can do anything you set your mind to man, but bring in a balding, wrinkly old man and show me how many girls he will land at university no matter how good his game is. Why do I think of these things? I don't suffer this handicap of being old and wrinkly do I? No, but where will these sex flings lead you?

I don't want flings do I? I like getting to know people.

a;lskdjf;laskdjf;lask djf;laskdjf;lasdkjf;l kasdjf

STDS, HIV, UNWANTED PREGNANCY

-----

The feelings mock me. who am i to back down from a challenge that is polyamory!? if i had a girl friend and she wanted to **** other guys why does it turn me on? and off? and on? can i **** other girls? but she will probably be able to find a guy easier than I am able to find a girl? is your game that weak kid? no its just society has made it so girls are harder to lay than guys. So what if she likes him more? why am i thinking of these things, i don't even have a girlfriend. God turn your mind off you stupid idiot. Bro, my mind if all i have if i turned it off how am i supposed to go after the women? **** you.

---

Sometimes I think the concepts we hold in our minds hold us back. Who says I have to be "busy" on friday and saturday nights to appear more desirable?
Old 11-06-2010 at 06:09 PM   #147
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowHere View Post
Here's something I wrote a while back for any of you who care for insight into me:

---

Good student in grade school, got bored of it at grade 7. Seems after puberty hit, I was no longer a hit with the ladies.

Became addicted to and smoked a gram of marijuana a day for over a year. By this point I've sank thousands of my parents (first generation immigrants) dollars into games, drugs, food and alcohol.

Influenced my friends into smoking marijuana every day until it became a habit for them (to this day).

Many regrets of not having done the right thing with girls despite having had so many opportunities.

Dropped out of night school from smoking weed and playing starcraft every night.

After barely managing to graduate from high school, worked for a while and then spent all my savings on drugs (weed and mushrooms), alcohol and food over a one month period. Parents probably wondered what I want to do with my life.

While puking in a motel room bathroom I tricked myself into never wanting to get drunk or high again. This was the start of turning my life around.

After two years with my girlfriend I decided I wanted to make it known that I wish to **** more girls than just she. Messy break up. Said she'd commit suicide if I hung up the phone, what was I supposed to do? (i did hang up that phone but she still lives)

Met a really cool girl and explored some interesting ground about relationships (she had a boyfriend) with her. ****ed it up. She cut me off.

Got into University with great grades and kept up with great grades for two years.

Got a co-op job two years in a row, depressing workplaces. Office day in day out with the same faces, does anyone like their job? Is this what all my hard work is for? Motivation for high grades plummeted.

Saw some old friends after 3 years, they are doing the same old shit with drugs and alcohol. Their minds are still clenched tight and seem to be rotting. Scary and sad. Dreams seem unattainable.

Wonder what will happen if I explore the avenues polyamory and swinging. Is this what I want or will this path lead me to losing someone I really love? I want to overcome my own feelings of insecurity and jealousy though. Maybe I'm addicted to sex but if my ***** fell off I wouldn't know what to do anymore.

-----

People tell me I'm a smart kid, sometimes I get complimented on my looks but I don't know if they are just being nice. I do all the things to make myself more attractive to girls such as work out, don't play video games, be mature, dress nice, by hygienic. Still I can't approach girls. I think they will look at me and see a creepy old man. Maybe I need to financially liberate from my parents first.

You can do anything you set your mind to man, but bring in a balding, wrinkly old man and show me how many girls he will land at university no matter how good his game is. Why do I think of these things? I don't suffer this handicap of being old and wrinkly do I? No, but where will these sex flings lead you?

-----

The feelings mock me. who am i to back down from a challenge that is polyamory!? if i had a girl friend and she wanted to **** other guys why does it turn me on? and off? and on? can i **** other girls? but she will probably be able to find a guy easier than I am able to find a girl? is your game that weak kid? no its just society has made it so girls are harder to lay than guys. So what if she likes him more? why am i thinking of these things, i don't even have a girlfriend. God turn your mind off you stupid idiot. Bro, my mind if all i have if i turned it off how am i supposed to go after the women? **** you.

---

Sometimes I think the concepts we hold in our minds hold us back. Who says I have to be "busy" on friday and saturday nights to appear more desirable?

this made me sad.
Why don't you speak to someone who can help, instead of turning to people on Macinsiders? You're annoying us with your vague answers and we're annoying you by not taking you seriously.

Not exactly win win.
Old 11-06-2010 at 06:13 PM   #148
NowHere

Quote:
this made me sad.
Why don't you speak to someone who can help, instead of turning to people on Macinsiders? You're annoying us with your vague answers and we're annoying you by not taking you seriously.

Not exactly win win.
I'm not sure anyone can help me. I can talk my way out of it, weave more webs in my mind. Who do you have in mind anyways? Mental health professionals? I think about it but I don't see myself doing it. I'm able to play my role, nobody has to know.
Old 11-06-2010 at 07:10 PM   #149
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:

---

Good for you-that's the first step. Shit happend and we make mistakes, but its up to you to turn it around-and you've done that-be proud of it!

Quote:

Nothing wrong with that-you have to experince these things to be able to make better desicions the next time around. It's just a matter of not focusing on where things went wrong, but how to make it better next time.

Quote:

If those places depressed you, then they're not the job for you-explore more, see whats available. Even the shittiest job gives you something back if its something you honestly enjoy. Sometimes it just a matter of working with the right people. There are millions of different things to do with you life-two co-ops are just the tip of the iceberg, don;t let them limit your dreams and ambitions..

Quote:
Never give up-some of my very closest friends lost themselves to drugs and alcohol and just recently found themselves again. Even those in the very depths can come out. Don't lose hope, and don't forget these people. They aren't lost yet, and they can still be everything they dreamed of when they were kids.

Quote:

Why aren't you going after the pretty girls? What do you have to lose? And hell, why not the less than pretty girls? Nothing to hold you back except yourself-let go! Forget what the concequences will be and put things in perspective-will getting shot down by thus girl matter in 20 years? I'll bet you not.
As for alternative lifestyles, Its a slippery road, and you have to be sure your partner is okay with that life. But don't hold back and what you want-be safe, but don't hide from yourself. You'll become so much happier once you accept the things about yourself that others my look at oddly. And consider this-will sex with others cure your insecurities and jealousy? Why do you feel the way you feel? Think about that to try and find a cure for how you feel.
Nothing wrong with wanting sex-but find other things in your life too. What else do you enjoy?

Quote:

-----

We're in university. Most people are still depending on their parents in one way or another. You've done enough growing up in such a short lifespan-there's no need to rush the process anymore. And so what if they're being nice? Take the compliment . And don't think of what the girls think of you. Who cares? What you think of yourself matters. That is the very first step. The rest will come.

Quote:

Take a breath and relax. Figure out how you feel about sex. Don't let what happened in your childhood to define how you feel about things now. I know its not easy. But you can do it.
-----
Quote:
---
Like I said before, explore your sexual feelings, they seem to be bugging you a lot. Just forget conventions and think and accept what you feel. There's nothing wrong with it.

And Take your own advice and turn off. You're thinking to much. And it may not be your fault-May I ask, and I don't mean this as an insult, but I know someone who's been in a very similar state as you, and they were bipolar. Have you ever seen a psychiatrist?

SilentWalker likes this.
Old 11-06-2010 at 07:14 PM   #150
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:

---

-----

-----

---

I'm not trolling when I say this, you need psychiatric help.