Police Academy 1P06 Goce Academics 3 11-13-2007 02:20 AM

Police Report for lost iPhone?

Old 04-03-2012 at 12:46 AM   #1
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Police Report for lost iPhone?
Hey Guys,

So I was wondering if anyone has ever filed a police report for a lost iPhone?

I left mine on Mississauga transit the other day and haven't received it back. I have find my iPhone enabled on it and last seen it at an apartment building not to far from here.

I was thinking that I could file a report and ask Mississauga transit for access to the camera on the bus I was on and possibly identify the person who took it. Then could go to the apartments and find the person?

Its a long shot but I don't mind giving it a try. Do you guys think the police would be willing to do this?

Thanks
Rioch

aznsensation likes this.
Old 04-03-2012 at 01:10 AM   #2
aznsensation

Liked: 21 Times

Best of luck in your endeavors. I can relate to the situation you're in because my sister got your iPod touch 4th gen stolen at school. I say just go for it. It seems to me that you have a pretty good chance of retrieving your iPhone.

-Albert Einstein
Old 04-03-2012 at 01:12 AM   #3
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

I've heard stories of people reporting their lost/stolen iPhones/Macbooks to police saying that they have a tracking device, or something being able to identify the item as theirs. The cops did end up helping...

Goodluck, hopefully the cops will be helpful.
Old 04-03-2012 at 08:49 AM   #4
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsensation View Post
Best of luck in your endeavors. I can relate to the situation you're in because my sister got your iPod touch 4th gen stolen at school. I say just go for it. It seems to me that you have a pretty good chance of retrieving your iPhone.
Lost != stolen
Old 04-03-2012 at 08:56 AM   #5
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
Lost != stolen
Lost ~= stolen, in the given context!

aznsensation says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 04-03-2012 at 09:16 AM   #6
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Lost does not equal stolen?

Thinking too much MATLAB.

Old 04-03-2012 at 09:23 AM   #7
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

I saw a "Find iPhone" app on the phone when I was checking one out. Give that a try?
Old 04-03-2012 at 09:41 AM   #8
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times

No, the police will not do anything about it and the transit people are a55holes and they will not give a damm about this issue.

a few years ago a Go bus transit driver took off without opening the luggage compartment for me (because apparently that is the GO Bus rule) and when I went to recover luggage the day after I found my external hard disk "missing" from the luggage and I called the police and complained to Go Transit and nothing happened.

There is only one way this happened, some a55hole decided to open my luggage a take the HDD that did not belong to him, unfortunately he/she was ignorant enough not to take the USB and power cord.
Old 04-03-2012 at 09:44 AM   #9
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

LOL. good luck with that HUEEHUUHEUHUEU
Old 04-03-2012 at 12:46 PM   #10
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajas View Post
No, the police will not do anything about it and the transit people are a55holes and they will not give a damm about this issue.

a few years ago a Go bus transit driver took off without opening the luggage compartment for me (because apparently that is the GO Bus rule) and when I went to recover luggage the day after I found my external hard disk "missing" from the luggage and I called the police and complained to Go Transit and nothing happened.

There is only one way this happened, some a55hole decided to open my luggage a take the HDD that did not belong to him, unfortunately he/she was ignorant enough not to take the USB and power cord.
That would totally enrage me... somebody would lose their head if something like that happened to me!
Old 04-03-2012 at 02:37 PM   #11
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Or you are looking for stolen in lost. Lost ~= /stolen/

Old 04-03-2012 at 08:56 PM   #12
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Stop with the lost/stolen argument. I lost it and then someone found it and is refusing to return it.

UPDATE: So basically the Police said this:

They are not going to do anything, it is considered a lost phone.
They would only put resources toward finding it if I was assaulted and someone took my phone

Contacted Mississauga transit asking for access to their camera files. Doubt I'm gonna get anything but worth a try lol.

Talking to bell to block the imei. Hopefully something happens.
Old 04-03-2012 at 11:15 PM   #13
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Maybe send increasing persistent text messages and/or phone calls to it? At least you'll have an idea about if they've gone and changed the number yet.

I hate the Mississauga transit... if the people aren't sketchy they are rude as hell.
Old 04-03-2012 at 11:40 PM   #14
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
Hey Guys,

So I was wondering if anyone has ever filed a police report for a lost iPhone?

I left mine on Mississauga transit the other day and haven't received it back. I have find my iPhone enabled on it and last seen it at an apartment building not to far from here.
What you could try doing is contacting the ISP that the IP address of the iPhone belongs to (if the phone is connected to Wifi and it reveals that information).

That would narrow it down to who exactly has your phone (assuming they're connected to their own network and not stealing Wifi from someone else).
Old 04-03-2012 at 11:55 PM   #15
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Maybe send increasing persistent text messages and/or phone calls to it? At least you'll have an idea about if they've gone and changed the number yet.

I hate the Mississauga transit... if the people aren't sketchy they are rude as hell.
The phone is off or has been reformatted/ sim card removed, i cant send messages to it or track it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
What you could try doing is contacting the ISP that the IP address of the iPhone belongs to (if the phone is connected to Wifi and it reveals that information).

That would narrow it down to who exactly has your phone (assuming they're connected to their own network and not stealing Wifi from someone else).
But how do I get the IP address of the iPhone? :S