Lost iPhone :( DMe3 Computers & Tech 12 12-11-2011 11:08 AM
Lost Iphone hudsonbaypro General Discussion 17 08-08-2011 09:03 PM
Police NOReilly General Discussion 6 06-09-2010 03:03 PM
Police Academy 1P06 Goce Academics 3 11-13-2007 02:20 AM

Police Report for lost iPhone?

Old 04-04-2012 at 11:20 AM   #16
allstarme

Liked: 17 Times

Blah, just wanted to come in to say good luck with this. I had just lost/found my iPod (and I remember you were in my thread helping me out) so I really hope you're successful in your search. I was soooo lucky in that the person who found my iPod was kind enough to return it to me. Hope the same will happen for you!

Did you still at least file a police report? It makes the iPhone "stolen property" in anyone else's hands. Not that that's really helpful but it could be in the case that you do see it again, you can just snatch it...

Good luck!
Old 04-10-2012 at 03:26 PM   #17
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Hi Guys, So an update and some advice.

So as you know I left my iPhone on the Mississauga Transit bus.

I put up flyers on the weekend saying if found call me.

Someone called me yesterday and said they found the iPhone and returned it to the driver.
The person that found it described the phone and driver and it matched everything.

BUT now, Mississauga Transit does not have it in their lost and found and are not going to do anything about this.

So the general conclusion is the driver has kept the phone. What do I do now? Any suggestions?
Going to see what the Local Police say about it. People have suggested go to the media but not sure about this?

Thanks
Rioch
Old 04-10-2012 at 03:49 PM   #18
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
Hi Guys, So an update and some advice.

So as you know I left my iPhone on the Mississauga Transit bus.

I put up flyers on the weekend saying if found call me.

Someone called me yesterday and said they found the iPhone and returned it to the driver.
The person that found it described the phone and driver and it matched everything.

BUT now, Mississauga Transit does not have it in their lost and found and are not going to do anything about this.

So the general conclusion is the driver has kept the phone. What do I do now? Any suggestions?
Going to see what the Local Police say about it. People have suggested go to the media but not sure about this?

Thanks
Rioch
Its great that you think you know where it is, but you have no proof, what if the guy who called you is lying and kept the phone for himself? Interested to know what the police think keep us posted man
Old 04-10-2012 at 03:59 PM   #19
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant View Post
Its great that you think you know where it is, but you have no proof, what if the guy who called you is lying and kept the phone for himself? Interested to know what the police think keep us posted man
I considered that but the Guy who called me is willing to come forward and say he did infact return it to the driver, that is enough for me to believe him.

It just frustrates me that nothing will be done, they have cameras on every bus, and is easily checkable.

The police will probably say the same thing as well, that they wont do anything.
Old 04-10-2012 at 04:23 PM   #20
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
... People have suggested go to the media but not sure about this?
Are you on crack?

If the guy who called you is telling the truth (many valubles are lost, get turned in to the driver, get put in lost and found, and are claimed) you could just get him to let you know (and take a picture of) the next time he sees the driver, or you could get the driver's description and talk to Mississauga Transit.
Old 04-10-2012 at 04:36 PM   #21
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Are you on crack?

If the guy who called you is telling the truth (many valubles are lost, get turned in to the driver, get put in lost and found, and are claimed) you could just get him to let you know (and take a picture of) the next time he sees the driver, or you could get the driver's description and talk to Mississauga Transit.
I see sense in them saying that? Someone in mississauga transit has my Phone and mississauga transit wont do anything about it. I have seen stories put forward on much worse situations lol.

I know the drivers description, have the bus number I was on, the route number. The driver is easily trackable but mississauga transit wont do anything about it. At best I can ride the bus every day and look for her, which seems to be my only option. lol
Old 04-10-2012 at 04:37 PM   #22
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
At best I can ride the bus every day and look for her, which seems to be my only option. lol
What are you going to do once you find her? Kill her?
Old 04-10-2012 at 04:39 PM   #23
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
I see sense in them saying that? Someone in mississauga transit has my Phone and mississauga transit wont do anything about it. I have seen stories put forward on much worse situations lol.
So you know for sure that the guy who called you got the phone he turned in on the same bus number as you, in the same time period?

Spend many monies trawling Mississauga transit, day in and day out, seeking that driver; one day you will confront him, one day you shall have your vengence.
Old 04-10-2012 at 04:50 PM   #24
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
What are you going to do once you find her? Kill her?
Just talk to her, tell her what I know and hope she is a nice person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
So you know for sure that the guy who called you got the phone he turned in on the same bus number as you, in the same time period?

Spend many monies trawling Mississauga transit, day in and day out, seeking that driver; one day you will confront him, one day you shall have your vengence.
Yup, he described the bus driver to me and got on the stop after I got off.
Old 04-10-2012 at 05:12 PM   #25
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Id be willing to bet that iPhones are at the top of the list of stolen property, maybe even #1. To the police its probably like..ok add it to the pile of 1000+ missing phones.

Normally id disapprove of any media but ironically the missisauga news would probably be likely to run it. "Are our buses Safe?" blah blah
Nothing that paper likes more than to run stories like that, or stories of hazel. Keep in mind though that if you go this route, and it wasnt the driver then that driver is going have to take a lot of shit.

Short of third party security applications that target the hardware address of the GPS unit and can track no matter if new sim + wiped, once a phone is stolen its gone. Had one stolen quite a while ago. Im still annoyed by it.
Old 04-10-2012 at 05:46 PM   #26
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty91 View Post
Id be willing to bet that iPhones are at the top of the list of stolen property, maybe even #1. To the police its probably like..ok add it to the pile of 1000+ missing phones.

Normally id disapprove of any media but ironically the missisauga news would probably be likely to run it. "Are our buses Safe?" blah blah
Nothing that paper likes more than to run stories like that, or stories of hazel. Keep in mind though that if you go this route, and it wasnt the driver then that driver is going have to take a lot of shit.

Short of third party security applications that target the hardware address of the GPS unit and can track no matter if new sim + wiped, once a phone is stolen its gone. Had one stolen quite a while ago. Im still annoyed by it.
Yeah no doubt the iPhone is very high on that list.

haha yeah, I have seen so many of those storie. In all honesty I do not want to go that route.

You know how I feel then. I know where the phone was last but thats about it. It showed up at an apartment building, so in theory I just need the drivers name

Ill be at terms with this loss if I get to comfront the driver and just ask her.
Old 04-10-2012 at 09:45 PM   #27
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Yeah no doubt the iPhone is very high on that list.

haha yeah, I have seen so many of those storie. In all honesty I do not want to go that route.

You know how I feel then. I know where the phone was last but thats about it. It showed up at an apartment building, so in theory I just need the drivers name

Ill be at terms with this loss if I get to comfront the driver and just ask her.
don't give up man! raise up hell trying to find that phone! Go to the media,etc. you paid a lot of money for that phone, for a damn thief to just steal it. If the driver is innocent he'll be able to prove he's not guilty, it's not your problem.

Crzyrio likes this.
Old 04-10-2012 at 10:22 PM   #28
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant View Post
don't give up man! raise up hell trying to find that phone! Go to the media,etc. you paid a lot of money for that phone, for a damn thief to just steal it. If the driver is innocent he'll be able to prove he's not guilty, it's not your problem.
Thanks! Hopeing I don't have to raise hell to get my phone back but we shall see.

What bothers me more is that no one is willing to life a single finger to help even though they have more than enough power and resources to do so.
Old 04-11-2012 at 10:18 AM   #29
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Thanks! Hopeing I don't have to raise hell to get my phone back but we shall see.

What bothers me more is that no one is willing to life a single finger to help even though they have more than enough power and resources to do so.
Here's a poor analogy: just cause a cop has a gun, it doesn't mean they have to use it. People follow protocol. I suppose that explains why?
Old 04-11-2012 at 11:21 PM   #30
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Here's a poor analogy: just cause a cop has a gun, it doesn't mean they have to use it. People follow protocol. I suppose that explains why?
They have the authority and resources to find my phone. If the person is in fact within MiWay who did not return my phone then the Police would be helping the community as well by making sure this doesn't happen again by the same person.

I am not telling them to drop everything and only look into this for me. But when they have nothing to do, they can put a little effort?

Besides the Police, Mississauga Transit can very easily put at end to this. All the information gathered points to the phone being lost some where in the Mississauga transits system, I don't see why they shouldn't do something about this for some weird reason

The person I spoke to has given me his word, address, phone number and is willing to come with me to say he did in fact return the phone. If he is lying I doubt he would do this, unless he is some master schemer and is going through all of this trouble after already having the phone.