Police Academy 1P06 Goce Academics 3 11-13-2007 02:20 AM

Police Report for lost iPhone?

Old 06-26-2012 at 07:17 AM   #46
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by phavalan View Post
If you have a copy of the video showing the passenger returning the phone to the driver then talk to a lawyer and see if you can get any legal action. MiWay should get their a** sued for their irresponsibility and lack of accountability.
They arent the only ones at blame here, they arent the ones who left an iphone on the bus.
But the fact that you have this evidence and they arent doing anything is ridiculous! keep updating everyone on the status of this!
Old 06-26-2012 at 01:03 PM   #47
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by phavalan View Post
If you have a copy of the video showing the passenger returning the phone to the driver then talk to a lawyer and see if you can get any legal action. MiWay should get their a** sued for their irresponsibility and lack of accountability.
I wish I could do that, but I dont have the time and it wont be worth it either. Ill just keep pressing here and there when I have time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
wow not to seem rude but the first time i read the very first post , i was like i feel sorry but the whole lost=/stolen. I had my phone stolen by someone in class , couldnt get it back from the guy. Wish I had your determination to get it back, wasnt even my iPhone .

If MiWay really isnt doing anything, maybe a piece in MissNews will get their butts up and going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Actually, the Toronto Star does a lot of stuff like this where they look out for the little guy. Shoot them (or a few of them that do similar things) an email and hopefully stir something up. Much simpler/cheaper then a lawsuit

That was exactly what I was thinking, I have been doing a few google searches as to who to send it too and what not. Might go this route.

I am not even upset about my phone anymore, more upset about the way they are treating this like nothing. It is my fault I lost the phone but the fact that someone within MiWay stole the phone and they dont even care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulitha View Post
post the video on youtube and hope it goes viral
That is an awesome idea, that I never thought off. If nothing ends up happening, that will be my final action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
They arent the only ones at blame here, they arent the ones who left an iphone on the bus.
But the fact that you have this evidence and they arent doing anything is ridiculous! keep updating everyone on the status of this!
I agree, this is all my mistake for leaving it. but like I said above, given the information found something should be done to find it or what happened to it.

Thanks for the luck! Hopefully things turn out if not watch for the next viral video xD
Old 06-26-2012 at 06:09 PM   #48
ak21

Liked: 14 Times

Goodluck on finding your iPhone, though the Police didnt do anything when my dad lost his iPhone, when he lost it at Walmart, they won't even look at the security camera's their.

Again if you haven't already hopefully you do end up finding it and hopefully the Police will help you more then in my experience.

EDIT: Just do what the others said if you actually have the video of the driver taking the iPhone and try posting it on youtube as mentioned, and hope it goes Viral

Last edited by ak21 : 06-26-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-29-2012 at 07:25 PM   #49
Crzyrio
Elite Member

YAY!

So since my last update this is how things went about.

MiWay continued to blame me for the loss of my phone and not replying

I was getting no where so I asked for more information through the FOI Office. The guy working there is awesomely nice and guided me and gave me some other suggestions, one of them being sending a email to the Director of MiWay.

I emailed the director and after he looked at everything he replied with a very polite and professional response. Said that MiWay did in fact lose my phone but with the masses of things going through Lost and Found there was no way to pinpoint exactly where my phone could be. He then told me to make a claim against the city of Mississauga and that he had already spoken to the manager of Risk Management.

Made a claim, they asked me my receipt, police report etc. And just last thu they sent me a Final Release saying that they are willing to give me 846$. The value of the phone including tax

Took me 3 months but all that work was completely worth it
Gonna buy a box of chocolates or something for the guy who called to tell me he returned it and for the guy at the FOI office to say thanks!

Old 07-30-2012 at 11:07 AM   #50
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyy!

Grats man, determination has paid off..
Old 07-30-2012 at 11:22 AM   #51
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Congratulations man, I'm sure most people wouldn't have gone as far as you, so kudos to you.
Old 07-30-2012 at 10:14 PM   #52
Arisu4

Liked: 7 Times

wow, i read this whole thread, its an awesome read.

congrats!!!
Old 07-31-2012 at 12:52 PM   #53
sarahsullz
Sock Scientist
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 105 Times

Wonderful! Congratulations on such a great outcome
Old 08-01-2012 at 07:46 AM   #54
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Wow! Amazing story! I am so glad it worked out! You deserve it. Its also really nice to know the little guy doesnt get screwed every time! But yea, the guy who called you - that was lucky and really great of him!

EDIT: if they had said 'look theres nothing we can do, hundreds of things are lost and found every day, we do our best' i probably would have understood - but the fact that it looks liek the driver stole your phone, do you think thats why they are compensating you?
Old 08-02-2012 at 08:03 AM   #55
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Thanks guys! I am still surprised as to how awesome things worked out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
Wow! Amazing story! I am so glad it worked out! You deserve it. Its also really nice to know the little guy doesnt get screwed every time! But yea, the guy who called you - that was lucky and really great of him!

EDIT: if they had said 'look theres nothing we can do, hundreds of things are lost and found every day, we do our best' i probably would have understood - but the fact that it looks liek the driver stole your phone, do you think thats why they are compensating you?
Yeah I got sooo lucky with that! Who would have thought that in all of Mississauga that he would see the flyers I put up. The funny thing is it was his sister that saw the flyers and passed it on to him. So deff lucky

lol yeah, the fact that I had proof that the phone was returned made all the difference.

Technically speaking it is their responsibility once the phone entered their system. In this case it was lost somewhere in their system so if they did not compensate me I had the right to sue them. I am sure I could have gotten more $$ out of this if I really wanted to abuse the system lol. If I didnt have proof that the phone was returned to the driver, they wouldn't have even cared.