MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Minor in Economics JayT Academics 1 06-07-2012 04:05 PM
Is economics 4th year courses necessary to minor in economics? lululand Academics 3 09-06-2010 11:36 PM
Second Degree (Honours Economics and Computer Science) dasa3 Academics 1 05-21-2010 05:26 PM
The benefits of a Business Degree and a minor? melodicdream First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-29-2009 01:58 PM
Setting up your degree (minor)? bellaaa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 33 07-02-2009 10:32 PM

Is it possible to minor in Business with a BA degree in Economics?

Old 06-08-2012 at 08:33 PM   #1
ShockValue

Liked: 5 Times

Is it possible to minor in Business with a BA degree in Economics?
Hey, I just had a question regarding getting a minor. Is it possible to get a minor if you're enrolled in a 3 level program?

I plan on getting a BA in economics along with getting a minor in business if possible so I'm just wondering. On the website for the economics undergrad program, it states you can get a minor or combine it with another major with an honours program but it doesn't state whether you can do so with a BA.

Thanks.
Old 06-08-2012 at 08:35 PM   #2
Bartholomew

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockValue View Post
Hey, I just had a question regarding getting a minor. Is it possible to get a minor if you're enrolled in a 3 level program?

I plan on getting a BA in economics along with getting a minor in business if possible so I'm just wondering. On the website for the economics undergrad program, it states you can get a minor or combine it with another major with an honours program but it doesn't state whether you can do so with a BA.

Thanks.
Nope. You have to be in a 4 year program to get a minor.
Old 06-08-2012 at 08:35 PM   #3
rpg51
Elite Member

Liked: 139 Times

You can only minor if you are in a 4 year program. Since a BA is only 3, you will not be able to minor
Old 06-08-2012 at 11:14 PM   #4
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Wow, I wonder why that is and when they changed it. My dad came to Mac decades ago (in the seventies...) and he did a three-year BA with a minor, so you used to be able to at some point. I wonder why you can't any more--it seems kind of dumb, if you can get the required credits than why not :|