Jesse.C
Account Locked

Liked: 30 Times

new earth
Old 01-30-2014 at 02:00 PM   #17
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

honestly, we'll just have to agree to disagree on fantasy.
i dont think it as a genre has anything to say, but whatevs

>why can't I hold all this deus ex machina
Old 01-30-2014 at 03:31 PM   #18
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew22 View Post
honestly, we'll just have to agree to disagree on fantasy.
i dont think it as a genre has anything to say, but whatevs

>why can't I hold all this deus ex machina
Again, assumptions that all fantasy utilizes deus ex machina. May as well say Batman as a concept is shit because his tech is all deux ex machina.

It's one thing to say that you don't personally get any stimulation/enjoyment from reading fantasy, and quite another to say the the genre as a whole is completely irrelevant to the human condition (human = all of humanity; human != you as an individual).

Last edited by Amaryll : 01-30-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-30-2014 at 03:50 PM   #19
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty91 View Post
Mistborn (by Sanderson) has nothing on Sanderson's newish flagship series "The Stormlight Archive". Its extremely well written whereas you can tell mistborn is his really early work.
Just started the Way of Kings today!
Old 01-30-2014 at 04:20 PM   #20
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryll View Post
Again, assumptions that all fantasy utilizes deus ex machina. May as well say Batman as a concept is shit because his tech is all deux ex machina.

It's one thing to say that you don't personally get any stimulation/enjoyment from reading fantasy, and quite another to say the the genre as a whole is completely irrelevant to the human condition (human = all of humanity; human != you as an individual).
yes I generally try to avoid watching movies/reading things where adult characters wear goofy costumes in public.
I can't be the only one.