MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are your elective choices? jordan19 Academics 50 06-13-2010 06:38 PM
Rez Room Choices fashionqueen First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 05-25-2010 12:31 AM
Res Choices nick Residence & Housing 15 05-13-2010 11:34 AM
help with prof choices highoutput Academics 9 06-18-2009 10:51 AM
Engineering II - Choices... khaotic Academics 52 03-31-2009 01:14 PM

Printer Choices

Old 08-02-2009 at 11:52 AM   #31
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex McColl View Post
I just thought of something. If you're going to be in a house off-campus why not all chip in for a network attached colour laser printer instead of everyone having their own ink jet? It would save everyone money and HP has some photo-quality colour lasers out that are reasonably priced.
That's a really smart idea.
Old 08-02-2009 at 02:35 PM   #32
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex McColl View Post
If you have an HP Laser printer, DO NOT REFILL YOUR TONER CARTRIDGE! HP uses a proprietary process to manufacture their toner, using cheap refill toner will damage your printer and void your warranty. When you get new ink, HP sends you a postage-pre-paid bag to send it back for recycling.
This is why I prefer brands like Samsung for laser printers. I actually went around a year ago with my mom to get a colour laser, and the cartridges in the HP lasers were ridiculously small (around the same volume as a pop can). We ended up getting an OKI-DATA brand all in one colour laser. The printing part works fine... but just about everything else doesn't. The scanner leaves these weird lines all over everything, and the "scan to network" features are pretty bad. The page feeder also tends to get stuck, so you get half scanned pages.

If anyone is out there looking for a colour laser, don't go with OKI-DATA, lol. I remember seeing a really nice Samsung colour laser for around the $200-$300 price range. I don't know if they're selling it still; but I have two Samsung black and white lasers, and they work great :p
Old 08-05-2009
MKelly
This message has been removed by a moderator. .