MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Caught the flu at the worst possible time TroubleStorm Academics 18 12-07-2011 03:39 PM
Worst thing you did to someone? bloodywarz General Discussion 73 09-18-2010 11:20 AM
best/worst res MacStudent1 Residence & Housing 12 08-23-2010 02:00 PM
Worst gift you've gotten.. ~*Sara*~ Dating & Relationships 30 12-24-2009 03:23 PM

proba bly the worst situation in the whole uni

Old 11-22-2013 at 06:30 AM   #16
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I don't see why college is not a possibility. Fun fact: University is not the end-all be-all of an eng career. If your grades weren't up in high school, and University has so far not helped, then you should really consider an engineering program at Mohawk or a similar school.

It's not "giving up", it's not "the easier route"; it's a highly relevant option, and it quite often makes sense.

Lois likes this.
Old 11-22-2013 at 06:45 AM   #17
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
I don't see why college is not a possibility. Fun fact: University is not the end-all be-all of an eng career. If your grades weren't up in high school, and University has so far not helped, then you should really consider an engineering program at Mohawk or a similar school.

It's not "giving up", it's not "the easier route"; it's a highly relevant option, and it quite often makes sense.
Seriously, if your job is to switch programs to "get a job" good luck with that in university. There are tons of unemployed science/eng/business grads. The job market is much better in the trades.

Old 11-22-2013 at 07:37 AM   #18
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
"The worst situation in the whole university"?
Give me a break. It's not even close.

Figure out what program you actually WANT and then work hard to get the grades that will help you be eligible. Talk to academic advisors to see if they have specific advice on how exactly you can get there.

If your CA is 4.4 and they require a 6, you're not getting in even if they have space. You need to bring your average up before officially switching anywhere, or you could consider going to college for something engineering-related.

It would be interesting to hear what actually IS the worst situation in the whole university.
Old 11-22-2013 at 02:25 PM   #19
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew22 View Post
It would be interesting to hear what actually IS the worst situation in the whole university.
I have no idea what is, but I've definitely heard many far worse situations than this one

I agree that college shouldn't be discounted so quickly, particularly if it offers the chance to go into a field you're really interested in AND can get a decent job out of.
Old 11-28-2013 at 01:19 PM   #20
a student

Liked: 0 Times

hey guys, I went to talk to the B-tech adviser and, she said I have to start from the first year (not bad) but I felt that she is trying to say that it's very competitive to get in, is it? I thought it's kinda easy.

should I drop my second year prog x courses and take easy courses to boost my average? maybe also take the needed courses for commerce II and apply for both?

I am very interested in the automotive stream at b-tech.

I am really scared, you only have one shot in life
Old 12-04-2013 at 01:27 PM   #21
jsmth

Liked: 0 Times

you have many shots in life man...
Old 12-04-2013 at 02:43 PM   #22
BenDover
Account Locked

Liked: 63 Times

ammunition just starts costing you a butt load the more rounds you need haha^