MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WARNING: Vista Guardian 2010 syan9184 Computers & Tech 13 03-10-2010 02:23 PM
VISTA help plz reeves Computers & Tech 23 01-04-2010 03:35 PM
Can someone help with my problem? Rakim First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 12-24-2009 01:58 PM
Elm Problem jaucep General Discussion 68 09-13-2009 12:36 AM
Upgrading Vista to XP........ hamza7 General Discussion 24 11-16-2008 05:27 PM

Problem: CAA and Vista

Old 10-03-2008 at 02:51 PM   #1
danman324

Liked: 1 Time

Problem: CAA and Vista
I'm having a problem running the updated version of the clean access agent on vista.

When I boot up CAA, I get an error message saying: "Unexpected error; quitting"

Has anyone had this problem? If so, how can it be fixed?

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2008 at 08:06 PM   #2
webzn

Liked: 17 Times

I run it on Vista, and so do many people I know, so there is no known issue with it running.

What I recommend is COMPLETELY delete it and all traces of it from your laptop, then get the latest version from Macconnect and install it once again. If that does not work, there is an issue with your computer. If that is the case, UTS, the tech team for Mac is available to help you get connected.
Old 10-13-2008 at 01:49 AM   #3
opensky

Liked: 2 Times

I also have a problem with Clean Access Agent on Vista.

I used it on my laptop last year, and it was fine, but I reformatted my computer since then. I installed it and it works, but every time I start up my computer, it does that whole the screen turns dark and asks me if I want to allow the program to run and something about user account settings. I don't know how to make it stop, but it's starting to drive me crazy.
Old 10-15-2008 at 05:00 PM   #4
cowcow

Liked: 2 Times

Opensky, you can actually turn that off. It's just one of the pesky "safety" features of Vista. To turn it off, go to

Control Panel->User Account and Family Safety->User Account(Select your account also if it isn't already selected)

When you get to that window click "Turn User Account Control On of Off". Untick the box and that box will stop popping up. (The above method is if you are in "control panel home". If you are in classic view for control panel, you just need to double click user accounts.

Hope that helps

opensky, Tailsnake all say thanks to cowcow for this post.
Old 10-15-2008 at 06:31 PM   #5
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowcow View Post
Opensky, you can actually turn that off. It's just one of the pesky "safety" features of Vista. To turn it off, go to

Control Panel->User Account and Family Safety->User Account(Select your account also if it isn't already selected)

When you get to that window click "Turn User Account Control On of Off". Untick the box and that box will stop popping up. (The above method is if you are in "control panel home". If you are in classic view for control panel, you just need to double click user accounts.

Hope that helps
Thanks, that made my Vista experience a lot more pleasent. CAA doesn't work for me either, I decided to just dual boot Linux and use that whenever I really need wireless internet.