MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
changes to course selection? DMe3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-13-2010 08:50 AM
Course Selection 10pauljuli First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 06-07-2010 11:55 PM
Course Selection Maximas First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-30-2010 07:35 PM
Course Selection Ruggedman Academics 3 07-02-2008 09:52 AM
course selection Griff Academics 1 08-02-2007 09:10 PM

problem with course selection

Old 08-11-2010 at 01:54 PM   #1
iriss

Liked: 0 Times

problem with course selection
So i think i have a bit of a problem... i checked out my timetable and i only have 3 of my courses on it, then at the top it says "action required" and it tells me i have to chose the cores and tutorials for the rest of my classes. I'm registered in these courses, i just dont have a tutotial or core, and now i've been trying for 5 hours to log onto mugsi and i cant. I'm worried that by the time I log on, all my classes will be filled. I'm not really sure what to do, should I be looking into other courses or ..?
Any help or suggestions would be great!
Old 08-11-2010 at 01:56 PM   #2
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

If they are mandatory courses, you will be fine, if its full, call the registrar office and they will open up spots/put you in.
Old 08-11-2010 at 01:57 PM   #3
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Again, I wouldn't be worried if they were degree requirements. Question, did you pick a core during the first SOLAR session for all the courses it's telling you to do that for?

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 08-11-2010 at 01:59 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
If they are mandatory courses, you will be fine, if its full, call the registrar office and they will open up spots/put you in.
Calling the department the course belongs in would be faster and end up with the same result.
Old 08-11-2010 at 02:08 PM   #5
iriss

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
Again, I wouldn't be worried if they were degree requirements. Question, did you pick a core during the first SOLAR session for all the courses it's telling you to do that for?
well i did for some of my courses. When i was chosing my courses, for some of them it didn't give me an option of a core or a tutorial
Old 08-11-2010 at 02:17 PM   #6
Ace0fSpades

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriss View Post
So i think i have a bit of a problem... i checked out my timetable and i only have 3 of my courses on it, then at the top it says "action required" and it tells me i have to chose the cores and tutorials for the rest of my classes. I'm registered in these courses, i just dont have a tutotial or core, and now i've been trying for 5 hours to log onto mugsi and i cant. I'm worried that by the time I log on, all my classes will be filled. I'm not really sure what to do, should I be looking into other courses or ..?
Any help or suggestions would be great!

You might have to call registrar or the scheduling department. A lot of people have had this problem and had to get their timetable rebuilt

EDIT: It might disappear after signing in on solar

Last edited by Ace0fSpades : 08-11-2010 at 02:25 PM.