MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfering up SamNIN Academics 6 05-30-2010 11:05 PM
Transfering greekkid First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 03-26-2010 08:28 AM
Thinking of transfering Rob36 Academics 1 03-20-2010 12:18 PM
Transfering to Mac? AlinaBee General Discussion 16 07-21-2009 07:18 PM
Transfering into Eng. TaNMaN Academics 0 11-19-2008 01:40 AM

Process of transfering Universities

Old 11-12-2012 at 01:43 PM   #1
biglandfarm

Liked: 66 Times

Process of transfering Universities
What is the process of transferring to another university?

Lets say I want to transfer to University X from Mac.

What general process do I need to go through, provided that there are specific procedures with each university.

for example. Do i need to apply though ouac again? Or do I apply to Uni X directly though an applicant package sent via register mail directly to the institution?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-12-2012 at 01:59 PM   #2
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

Why don't you call the office of the registar in both schools for starters?

biglandfarm says thanks to AngryBean for this post.
Old 11-12-2012 at 02:07 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

It depends on the program. If you're transferring because you're applying to a professional school, they typically don't use OUAC. If you're simply transferring into another undergrad degree, it's likely OUAC-105 but you should contact the school you want to transfer into to see what their requirements are. I don't think you need to do anything from Mac's end except inform the registrar when you're no longer registered here (which I believe they assume when you don't register for any classes, but better safe than sorry - a girl at Ryerson I think got charged a term's tuition for not notifying the school that she was leaving).

biglandfarm says thanks to starfish for this post.