MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfering greekkid First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 03-26-2010 08:28 AM
Transfering from one program to another (???) bones_buff General Discussion 11 09-08-2009 10:19 PM
Transfering to Mac? AlinaBee General Discussion 16 07-21-2009 07:18 PM
Transfering to Economics help... chinadian Academics 3 05-10-2009 09:40 PM
Transfering into Eng. TaNMaN Academics 0 11-19-2008 01:40 AM

Transfering up

Old 05-29-2010 at 09:17 PM   #1
SamNIN

Liked: 1 Time

Transfering up
I have a question I got 8s in my anthro courses but failed to get a 6.0 average so I got into a three year program for anthro. If I get my average up to a 6.0 can I transfer into a honours program?
Old 05-29-2010 at 10:10 PM   #2
Danait

Liked: 0 Times

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can! You just have to talk to the humanities anthro department so you can shadow the courses you need for the honours program (as not to be behind) and kill those marks. Then you can switch up into honours. At least, that was what I was told for the other faculties so I would assume its the same in all departments! Goodluck.
Old 05-29-2010 at 10:18 PM   #3
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

Hey I believe your cumulative has to be a 6 or above at the end of next year. Good luck!
Old 05-29-2010 at 11:14 PM   #4
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNIN View Post
I have a question I got 8s in my anthro courses but failed to get a 6.0 average so I got into a three year program for anthro. If I get my average up to a 6.0 can I transfer into a honours program?
I believe you can. You can basically take all the Anthro courses offered for 2nd year (except the skeletal bio one 2FF3) that are required for Honours Anthro anyway.
Old 05-30-2010 at 01:23 AM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

I had to do what you're doing samNIN, and it worked out fine for me (I graduated in '08).

Also, @ Danait, Anthro is a Soc Sci discipline, not Humanities.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-30-2010 at 10:25 PM   #6
Danait

Liked: 0 Times

Oh woops! haha, thanks for the correction!
Old 05-30-2010 at 11:05 PM   #7
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

btw is there a time limit on this sort of thing?