MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is economics 4th year courses necessary to minor in economics? lululand Academics 3 09-06-2010 11:36 PM
Transfering up SamNIN Academics 6 05-30-2010 11:05 PM
Transfering to Mac? AlinaBee General Discussion 16 07-21-2009 07:18 PM
Transfering into Eng. TaNMaN Academics 0 11-19-2008 01:40 AM

Transfering to Economics help...

Old 05-08-2009 at 10:17 AM   #1
chinadian

Liked: 6 Times

Transfering to Economics help...
I didnt meet the requirements to stay in commerce so I wanted to go into econ, but as I found out I needed a 4 avg to even go into the BA program and as the finals came out I found out that I got a 4 and a 3 so I didn't make it.... now I plan to take 1BB3 again in the summer but it just wouldnt let me... can someone give me some advice? ty!
Old 05-08-2009 at 10:26 AM   #2
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

The best thing to do would be to call your academic advisor for Commerce and she would be able to assist you by pulling up your information on her computer.

Her name is Lori Hill, and you can contact her at Ext. 27928 when you call the school.
Old 05-10-2009 at 03:58 PM   #3
anmali

Liked: 0 Times

I didn`t do well in 1BB3 or 1BO3 when I wanted to switch back to economics but somewhere on the economics department website I found the following information :-

Continuing Economics & Transfer Students

To enter level II programs, students must have:
  • satisfied all level I requirements;
  • completed Economics 1B03 and 1BB3 (or Economics 1A06) with a minimum average grade of 4 (C-), and a CA of at least 3.5, to enter the BA program; or a minimum average grade of 7 (B-), and a CA of at least 6.0, to enter the BA Honours programs;
If a student misses the cut-off for enrolling in level II honours, he or she can enrol in the BA program for level II. The student can transfer to honours when entering level III if the CA is at least 6.0 and the student meets one of the two following qualifications: an average of 7.0 or higher in Economics 1B03 and 1BB3 OR an average of 6.0 average in the four intermediate theory courses (Economics 2G03, 2GG3, 2H03 and 2HH3) with at least a 4.0 in each of the courses. When these conditions are met, formal approval will be granted by a departmental counsellor.
If a student misses the cut-off for enrolling in the level II BA program, he or she can transfer to the BA programme for level III if the student meets one of the two following qualifications: an average of 4.0 or higher in Economics 1B03 and 1BB3 OR an average of 4.0 average in Economics 2G03 and 2H3. When these conditions are met, formal approval will be granted by a departmental counsellor.
To remain in programmes beyond level II, and to graduate from them, students must maintain a CA of at least 3.5 for the BA or at least 6.0 for the BA (Honours).
Old 05-10-2009 at 09:40 PM   #4
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times

Do yourself a favour and think about why you want economics before jumping into it. I know people who jumped the gun after they got kicked out of Commerce because of their econ grades, and then tried to do econ as their major and didn't do so hot.

To put it this way, if econ or calc kept you out of 2nd year commerce, you should do yourself a favour and try something else. Econ is a lot more technical and a lot drier than commerce, and the quality of the program leaves something to be desired.