MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfering up SamNIN Academics 6 05-30-2010 11:05 PM
Transfering greekkid First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 03-26-2010 08:28 AM
Thinking of transfering Rob36 Academics 1 03-20-2010 12:18 PM
Transfering to Mac? AlinaBee General Discussion 16 07-21-2009 07:18 PM
Transfering into Eng. TaNMaN Academics 0 11-19-2008 01:40 AM

Transfering from one program to another (???)

Old 09-08-2009 at 05:30 PM   #1
bones_buff

Liked: 0 Times

Transfering from one program to another (???)
Hey guys,

I am going into first year of medical radiation sci and i was wondering if its possible to transfer into Business 1 program before the school year begins. Can someone please help asap!!
Old 09-08-2009 at 05:32 PM   #2
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Each faculty has different requirements when you are accepted to university. I think it's too late for you to get accepted into business first year, but if you can take all the required courses for the first year business program this year (you're "shadowing" the program), you can apply for it second year.
Old 09-08-2009 at 05:34 PM   #3
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones_buff View Post
Hey guys,

I am going into first year of medical radiation sci and i was wondering if its possible to transfer into Business 1 program before the school year begins. Can someone please help asap!!
I was told by a Soc Sci acedemic advisor that you can take any level 1 program you want, as long as you meet the prereq's for the courses needed. IDK if that applies to students in other faculties, or what the prereq's are for business 1 though.
Old 09-08-2009 at 05:37 PM   #4
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Yes, you can. You'll need to take courses that first year commerce students would be taking (i.e. both economics, both maths, etc.). You won't be able to take the specific commerce courses as those are for registered commerce students only. You can then apply for Business after first year. I would also recommend talking to one of the business academic advisers.

Good luck!
Old 09-08-2009 at 05:37 PM   #5
bones_buff

well i had applied into business 1 before and i had actually gotten in so i meet the requirements
Old 09-08-2009 at 05:39 PM   #6
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
well i had applied into business 1 before and i had actually gotten in so i meet the requirements
Hm... I still think it's past the deadline but shadow the first year program (right now in terms of picking your courses) and talk to a business guidance counselor as SOON as you can!
Old 09-08-2009 at 05:58 PM   #7
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post
Yes, you can. You'll need to take courses that first year commerce students would be taking (i.e. both economics, both maths, etc.). You won't be able to take the specific commerce courses as those are for registered commerce students only. You can then apply for Business after first year. I would also recommend talking to one of the business academic advisers.

Good luck!
There's only one math needed. 1A03 or 1M03. You take 1M03 if you plan on never doing anything with math ever again.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-08-2009 at 06:03 PM   #8
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
You met the requirements as a new student, yes.

You're technically not really in a program until after your first year grades come out. Before that you're in a department.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-08-2009 at 06:17 PM   #9
bones_buff

so how exactly do u shadow a program?
Old 09-08-2009 at 06:42 PM   #10
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
so how exactly do u shadow a program?
You just take the required courses for the program you want to shadow.

Old 09-08-2009 at 06:44 PM   #11
bones_buff

and you get kicked out or anything? cause u're not taking the required courses for the program u are in
Old 09-08-2009 at 10:19 PM   #12
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
and you get kicked out or anything? cause u're not taking the required courses for the program u are in
nope.

the university has your money. they don't care what courses you take so long as you're paid up.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement