MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Faculty and Program Series Part Nine: The Arts and Sciences Program lorend Academics 0 09-20-2009 08:16 AM
Lot M Issues webzn General Discussion 4 09-11-2009 10:10 AM
Faculty and Program Series Part Seven: Medical Radiation Sciences Program jhan523 Faculty & Program Series 1 09-05-2009 12:53 AM
Multimedia Program Issues... caitlinmcd Academics 5 06-08-2009 10:58 PM

Program Issues..

Old 06-26-2008 at 01:40 PM   #1
shockalot

Liked: 11 Times

Program Issues..
Hi, i'm not sure if this is the place i can ask this, i'm sorry if it's the wrong spot!

I just had a few questions. I took 24 credits during my first year and I'm taking the remaining 6 during the summer. Because of this, i didnt make it into any of the programs i wanted and so i'm kind of confused about what I'm supposed to be doing for next year. As well, let's say i end up failing one of the courses and end up with only 27 first year credits...what happens then? Would i have to stay back in first year again?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, my mind's a big mess right now lol, any help would be appreciated!
Old 06-26-2008 at 04:13 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Unfortunately, I'm not really sure how this would work.

I failed a course in first year and moved on to second year with only 27 units. I got into the "back up" program I put down, but not the one I wanted.

Between second and third year I made up the credit, and was accepted into the program I wanted.

Unfortunately, that's all I can really offer you...for specifics you're going to have to contact a faculty advisor.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-26-2008 at 06:34 PM   #3
shockalot

Liked: 11 Times

Thanks for the help! Really appreciate it I talked to an advisor a while ago and she had told me that if i didnt get into any of the programs I applied for, i'd still be in Science Level 2....is that how it works then? You aren't in a specific program, just part of the science faculty till you apply and get accepted into the program you want?
Old 06-26-2008 at 08:41 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

I guess so. You're missing the requirements so it makes sense I suppose.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement