MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electives and Program requirements jon.john23 Academics 4 08-18-2011 09:40 PM
science elective in program requirements fusionorchid Academics 1 08-08-2011 09:02 PM
Didn't make the program requirements - what can I do? Vaness Academics 3 10-17-2010 10:48 AM
Program Requirements... Toast Academics 1 06-14-2010 02:28 AM

Program Requirements Life Sci

Old 07-03-2013 at 02:39 PM   #1
Bukhtar Khan

Liked: 0 Times

Program Requirements Life Sci
For my program at the end of SOLAR it said that I needed 3 more Life Sciences credits to get through Level I. Could these credits come from just taking a summer school course in one of the courses from the Life Science List such as Chemistry or does it have to be done in the regular school year?
Old 07-03-2013 at 02:47 PM   #2
s2ML

Liked: 8 Times

You can complete the 3 credits i.e. one course from the Life Science course list, in the summer term BUT you have passed the deadline to register for summer term courses which was June 28. (http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /calen...-13/pg195.html)

If you are taking a summer course at the moment, email any of the academic advisors (http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/ass...ergraduate/122) and tell them that you are in progress of completing a course in order to be registered in Level II of Life Science so you will be able to enroll in courses that require you to be in 2nd year or any of the sort.
Old 07-03-2013 at 08:41 PM   #3
Bukhtar Khan

Liked: 0 Times

Okay thank you! I forgot to mention that I am going into first year so this course can be taken next summer to advanced into second year I presume?
Old 07-03-2013 at 10:33 PM   #4
s2ML

Oh, you're going into first year? To my knowledge, I don't think you can take a course in the summer since you're a first year. You should have a full course load, with 30 units in total.

But if you already have a full course load and missing one course then you could potentially complete it in the spring or summer term of 2014.

But I am not sure of your situation so go check out the academic advisors in BSB when school starts.
Old 07-03-2013 at 10:42 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

I think the OP means taking a course NEXT summer.

Yes, you can take 27 units during the school year and then 3 units (such as chem) the following summer, but your admission into second-year programs could be conditional upon completing it, and they might also have a required minimum grade in the course. If that's the case, it could also delay your ability to register for courses for second year.
Old 07-03-2013 at 10:54 PM   #6
s2ML

Ohhhh, thanks for clarifying starfish. I believe what you said seems about right.