MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you wipe sitting down or standing up? ViktorVaughn General Discussion 61 10-21-2010 06:09 PM
First Year Notes + Mugsi PROTIP Inferno First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 31 08-15-2010 10:42 PM
2010 Alumni Trivia Challenge: Are You Smarter Than a Guelph Grad? lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-15-2010 03:52 PM
Can't Make It Keenu Academics 11 03-27-2010 09:26 PM
Off Campus Series Two Part Four: The Front Closet lorend Residence & Off-Campus Living 2 04-17-2008 07:00 AM

Protip: Sitting in the front row does not make you smarter

Old 10-31-2010 at 12:54 PM   #61
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3000 View Post
why is it any of your damn business where people sit, you actually being a bit hypocritical; you care about your marks and have a fairly good one so your clearly putting in an effort, whats wrong with other people putting in an effort in a way they deem fit. And all the people in the front row are doing well, except for that one person who you can kinda tell doesn't belong there.....(ie. asking such a noob question that even the laziest ppl in the back row knows it isn't relevant) stop hating on people for trying, laziness (along with smartness) breeds mediocrity just sayin.
take a shower, mad kid

eullwm likes this.
Old 10-31-2010 at 04:40 PM   #62
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

It's so funny how arrogant people can be when it comes to intelligence. Seriously, some people think they're so smart, just for getting a 12 on their first test.

I got a 12 on my first math test and a 99 avg in HS math, And I get so Effin Pissed when people call me smart. I am NOT smart for ffs.

First, I didn't discover crap and, second, being good in math doesn't mean you smart. Someone who is good at composing music is smart, omeone who is a tactical genuis on the battlefield is smart, someone who is financially successful just by starting with a small business is smart, a talented sport professional is smart and so on....

But that doesn't mean I'm stupid either.
Old 10-31-2010 at 04:45 PM   #63
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
It's so funny how arrogant people can be when it comes to intelligence. Seriously, some people think they're so smart, just for getting a 12 on their first test.

I got a 12 on my first math test and a 99 avg in HS math, And I get so Effin Pissed when people call me smart. I am NOT smart for ffs.

First, I didn't discover crap and, second, being good in math doesn't mean you smart. Someone who is good at composing music is smart, omeone who is a tactical genuis on the battlefield is smart, someone who is financially successful just by starting with a small business is smart, a talented sport professional is smart and so on....

no, but it does mean that you're a STRAIGHT UP BALLER, SON

Old 10-31-2010 at 05:27 PM   #64
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Quote:

this reminds me, I hate when people don't believe you when you say that you think badly on a test, just because of your previous record of getting high marks :\
ie. when I correctly predict that I did poorly on a math test, and people are like "liar, you probably got 100%"
>| I know my abilities better than you, so if you're not even going to believe my answer then don't ask!

Commander likes this.
Old 10-31-2010 at 05:32 PM   #65
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
this reminds me, I hate when people don't believe you when you say that you think badly on a test, just because of your previous record of getting high marks :\
ie. when I correctly predict that I did poorly on a math test, and people are like "liar, you probably got 100%"
>| I know my abilities better than you, so if you're not even going to believe my answer then don't ask!
STOP BEING SUCH A KEENER THEN, KEENER

o_o;;

Old 10-31-2010 at 05:34 PM   #66
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
STOP BEING SUCH A KEENER THEN, KEENER

o_o;;
I'm not a keener I'm lazy and a terrible student lolol
I procrastinate on everything and don't like to put in too much effort.

but in the past I used to be one. so.. pretty much screwed myself over here.
Old 10-31-2010 at 05:42 PM   #67
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
I feel like the only person who doesn't like Linkin Park
Oh, you're not alone, they are pretty terrible.

But back on topic, I hate the people who sit at the front and constantly put up their hand to give anecdotes that are loosely related to the course content. The other day someone went on for about five minutes discussing some very personal event her life in front of a class of about 70 people. Stop wasting my time plz.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)

britb likes this.
Old 10-31-2010 at 05:49 PM   #68
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:

LOL, that's like when I say I'm terrible at stats and I have trouble understanding it...
Then people inevitably ask what I got, and I would say 98%, but that doesn't mean I actually know what I'm doing whatsoever.

It just shows that the marks you get rarely correlate with your skill level.

Quote:

This makes me rage too. Just because someone does well doesn't mean they can't find anything difficult (e.g., "Oh stop lying you don't think its difficult you got a 95!") - being difficult doesn't automatically mean a poor mark.

anon491, Commander like this.
Old 10-31-2010 at 06:46 PM   #69
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Yea well, I hate when people say "omg I did so bad" meanwhile they get an 80+.
QQ

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

jamescw1234 likes this.
Old 10-31-2010 at 07:40 PM   #70
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Yea well, I hate when people say "omg I did so bad" meanwhile they get an 80+.
QQ
there was a guy who would do this for EVERY single test in my grade 12 biology class. D< He would get like 48/50 when everyone else was in the 30s and he'd still complain that he was annoyed about not getting those two marks.

edit: I just remembered that there was a time that he was in my chemistry class when he complained to the teacher that his answer to a question on a test could have technically been correct, and the teacher just took an additional mark off to troll him.

Last edited by anon491 : 10-31-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-31-2010 at 07:44 PM   #71
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Quote:
there was a guy who would do this for EVERY single test in my grade 12 biology class. D< He would get like 48/50 when everyone else was in the 30s and he'd still complain that he was annoyed about not getting those two marks.

edit: I just remembered that there was a time that he was in my chemistry class when he complained to the teacher that his answer to a question on a test could have technically been correct, and the teacher just took an additional mark off to troll him.
A professional soccer player might get pissed off from missing a shot even tho he pulled out an amazing one, yet I don't see people geting pissed about that. People have different standards.
Old 10-31-2010 at 08:03 PM   #72
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Quote:
A professional soccer player might get pissed off from missing a shot even tho he pulled out an amazing one, yet I don't see people geting pissed about that. People have different standards.
that's true, but if you're going to make a big deal of it by saying it out loud when everyone else has performed poorly, I think that's insensitive.
Old 10-31-2010 at 08:16 PM   #73
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
that's true, but if you're going to make a big deal of it by saying it out loud when everyone else has performed poorly, I think that's insensitive.
If you try really hard to achieve a goal, and fail at it, it sucks. Doesn't matter if you do better than others, aiming and missing sucks. Maybe you are being insensitive for getting ticked at someone else for having a legitimate gripe.

(AKA QQ more)
Old 10-31-2010 at 08:23 PM   #74
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeM View Post
If you try really hard to achieve a goal, and fail at it, it sucks. Doesn't matter if you do better than others, aiming and missing sucks. Maybe you are being insensitive for getting ticked at someone else for having a legitimate gripe.

(AKA QQ more)

I think what they're referring to is the people who really don't have any complaints about their grades, but pretend to so they have an excuse to say the numbers outloud. they know they did well, they just want to rub it in. Not really a legitimate gripe, especially if it was something everyone worked hard for, but only a few did well on.
Old 10-31-2010 at 08:24 PM   #75
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
I think what they're referring to is the people who really don't have any complaints about their grades, but pretend to so they have an excuse to say the numbers outloud. they know they did well, they just want to rub it in. Not really a legitimate gripe, especially if it was something everyone worked hard for, but only a few did well on.
Oh, didn't see that at all. Don't think I've ever seen that happen before, but......weird o_O