MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Psych 1X03 davey 1st Year Course Reviews 114 05-30-2014 10:59 AM
psych 1x03 Alessia First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 09-18-2009 01:27 PM
Psych 1X03 niteskie General Discussion 6 09-09-2009 10:36 PM
do i need psych 1x03 AND psych 1xs3 for honours life science brendanp Academics 6 07-28-2009 02:38 PM
Psych 1X03 TheAxtmann Academics 37 07-12-2009 01:27 AM

Psych 1x03

Old 06-03-2011 at 06:09 PM   #1
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 68 Times

Psych 1x03
So..I dropped PSYCH 1X03 from the summer school and will take the course in term 1 or 2 next semester.

I heard there is a tutorial part of the course? How does that work? I heard some TA are more cool compared to others? Can anyone recommend a good TA for this course?

Any helps would be helpful.....
Old 06-03-2011 at 06:32 PM   #2
dumbconsumer

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeboi7 View Post
So..I dropped PSYCH 1X03 from the summer school and will take the course in term 1 or 2 next semester.

I heard there is a tutorial part of the course? How does that work? I heard some TA are more cool compared to others? Can anyone recommend a good TA for this course?

Any helps would be helpful.....
A lot of the TAs change each year and you have no control over which TA to pick as they aren't listed on the master timetable. I think my TA's name was Jamie, and then I had Jen in second semester, both were cool, but there are literally hundreds of TAs so you really can't find the best one.

The 1x03 tutorial is pretty simple, you review the web lectures for the week prior, this is followed by some type of activity or discussion question or even mini-demonstration posed by the TA, these are pre-planned, and every TA does the same review session followed by the same type of activity (or activities, depending on time). You are marked for participation in the tutorial. I didn't get my participation mark in 1x03 released, but in 1xx3 I managed a 10/10 (that's 10%!). Just uhh, make sure you watch lectures beforehand so you can be involved in the discussion and you're good. Usually you'll find there are many kids that don't participate too much so its not hard to shine. Even if you forget to see a lecture, just try and have a conversation with your TA or answer any general thought-provoking question they may raise. The sooner they know your name, the better.

jeboi7 says thanks to dumbconsumer for this post.