MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hon. B.A. in Psych 1st year courses thereaction First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 23 06-14-2010 10:13 PM
4th year psych courses nisha Academics 0 03-22-2010 10:17 PM
2nd year Psych courses missmatch Academics 3 06-25-2009 03:23 AM
Second Year Psych Courses mgallant Academics 1 07-28-2008 04:37 PM
3rd year bio and psych courses to take dacrown4life Academics 0 06-18-2008 01:18 AM

Psych 2nd and 3rd year courses

Old 06-09-2010 at 09:12 PM   #1
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

Psych 2nd and 3rd year courses
Any recommendations for awesome psych courses which one should study?
Also mentioning the difficulty level of the course and any comments about the prof's teaching style would be very much appreciated!

Richa Sud
Hon. Psychology (BSc.) IV

Old 06-09-2010 at 10:09 PM   #2
FickleFriend

Liked: 0 Times

3rd year forensic psych was really interesting and it's just 2 midterms + final. The only downside is all of the info is really nit-picky, and sometimes it seems like some of the questions are too detailed for m.c. I'd still recommend it though, it was a great course with a great prof.
Old 06-09-2010 at 10:19 PM   #3
Richa

I think abnormal psych is prereq. for forensics..which is a 2nd yr course. So I think I'll take abnormal this year and forensics next year then!

Also the courses I have jotted down for now include: psych3ii3, 3m03, 3t03, 3vv3, 2ap3 and 3jj3. If you have any idea about these courses/profs who teach them please let me know.

Richa Sud

Last edited by Richa : 06-09-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-09-2010 at 10:20 PM   #4
navb

I would recommend Personality (psych 2b3) with Dr.Day, his lectures are interesting and he records all of them so that if you miss a day you can listen to it online. the course has two tests and an exam that are all multiple choice, they can be a little tricky, but if you study from the handbook you should do well.
Old 06-09-2010 at 10:28 PM   #5
Richa

Oh yeah I have heard about personality being interesting course. But was it hard?
And is forensic psych only offered to Psych (B.A.) students? :S I am in Bsc. and am not sure if I'll be allowed to choose it..

Richa Sud

Old 06-09-2010 at 10:35 PM   #6
navb

It really depends on how well you take tests really. The material isnt difficult, but sometimes Dr.Day's questions can be tricky, you need to look at the wording very carefully and make sure that you are confident in your answers. It is really easy to start questioning yourself and your knowledge during his tests. Forensic Psych is available for B.Sc students as well =)

Richa says thanks to navb for this post.
Old 06-10-2010 at 06:44 AM   #7
FickleFriend

I took forensic psych without abnormal, so I don't think there's any prereq. Unless they changed it this year because I took it this last semester.
Old 06-10-2010 at 09:16 AM   #8
Harlequin

Liked: 35 Times

Abnormal psych is now a second year course and a prereq for forensic psych.